Prime video error code 28 is a system error that mainly occurs from the Amazon side. But in some cases, other factors can also cause this error.
You can see the screenshot below where one of the Amazon Staff confirmed the error and mentioned that the Amazon Team has fixed the error.
As the above screenshot explains that the Amazon team has fixed this error but we have found that still many users are having this error.
If you are also one of the victims of this error then below in this post you can find possible workarounds to get rid of the error.
How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 28?
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Device & Internet
- Power off the device on which you are using Prime Video.
- After that unplug the router power cable from the electric wall outlet to shut down the Router.
- Now wait for a minimum of 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that power on the Router and the device.
- Once the device is restarted connect the device to the internet.
- Then relaunch the Prime Video, and check for the error.
Fix 2: For Apple TV
If you have a 4K Apple TV and have this error then double-click the Home Screen button, and close all the active apps playing in the background. And after that reopen Prime Video.
Doing this should fix the error.
Fix 3: Connect With Any Other Internet
If the error still appears then connect your device to any other internet, be it any alternate Wifi or mobile hotspot.
Now check if Prime Video is working on the other internet or not. If yes then contact your ISP, as the issue is occurring because of the internet.
Fix 4: Check Amazon Server Status
If the error still continues then check if Prime Video is down right now.
To check the Prime Video server status you can visit downdetector.
If the downdetector is showing any outrage then wait for some time and try again.
Fix 5: Check Update For The App And Your Device
If the downdetector is not showing any outrage with the Amazon server then check if Prime Video needed to be updated.
Also, check the update for your device to make sure you are using the latest version of your device software.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app
If the above-given workarounds not helping you with the error then uninstall Prime Video from your device.
Once Prime Video is uninstalled, restart your device. And then reinstall the Prime Video.
Fix 7: Contact Prime Video Support
If the error still persists then get in touch with the Prime Video support team to get further assistance with this error.
While connecting to Prime Video support please consider selecting the chat or call option as these options are best for any troubleshooting-related queries.
Like This Post? Checkout More
- Fixes For Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5266 On Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, & Other Devices.
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 7131?
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 7136 On Fire Stick?
- How To Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 2063?