Apple Music Error Code 12171 can occur because of so many reasons. If you are having the same error then in this post we are going to share the possible workarounds.
Reasons For The Apple Music Error Code 12171
- The issue is related to any specific track.
- There is a temporary glitch with Apple Music.
- Your device or Apple Music needs to be updated.
- The Apple music server is down.
How To Fixes Apple Music Error Code 12171?
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Most of the errors on any app or software usually occur due to internet connectivity issues or due to low internet speed. So it is suggested to kindly check the internet stability and its speed.
So before trying any troubleshoots please make sure your internet is having a good internet connection with a stable connection with good speed.
To test your internet just try using any other app or website on the current device. If other apps or websites are working fine then your internet is good, and the issue is something else.
Fix 2: Force Shut Down The App
If your internet connection is good then try to force shut down the Apple Music app because force shut down helps your RAM unload a bit of bugs and small glitches.
- Quit the Apple Music App.
- Then open the list of all the apps which are currently open.
- Then from the list, you need to unlist Apple Music to force Stop the app.
- Then wait for around 5 to 10 seconds.
- After that, relaunch the app and check if the error is gone or not.
Fix 3: Delete The Faulty Song
If force shutting down the app is not helping you with the error check if you are receiving the error with all the songs or with any particular song.
If in case you are getting the error with any specific song then try deleting that song, and redownload it.
- Open your Apple Music app and look for that song.
- After selecting the song, press and hold on to the song title for 2 seconds.
- Tap on Delete From Library.
- Next, tap on Delete Song, and wait till the song is deleted.
- After that, redownload the game and check if it is still showing the error or not.
Fix 4: Check Update For Apple Music & Your Device
If in case you are using an outdated version for your Apple Music or your device, then this may also cause this error.
So go to your device app store and search for Apple Music. Now check if you can see the update option for Apple Music. If yes then please consider installing the update.
Like Apple Music, also check if your device firmware needs to be updated. If you don’t know how to update your device’s firmware then depending upon your device you can google the steps to update your device firmware.
Fix 5: Sign In and Sign Out
If nothing is helping you with the error then the last thing you can try is to reinstall Apple Music after uninstalling it. But before doing that try to sign out and sign in again to Apple Music.
- Go to the Apple Music Settings.
- Now tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Go to the Media and Purchases option.
- Click on Sign Out, and wait till your account logs out.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then log in back to your account.
- Now check if there is any error code occurring on your Apple music or not.
Fix 6: Reinstall The Apple Music App
If you reached this stage where even signing out and signing it to Apple Music is also not fixing the error then reinstall the Apple Music after uninstalling it.
- Locate the Apple Music app and press and hold it for a few seconds.
- Now tap on Uninstall/ or drag it to the trash icon.
- Once it is removed, go to the Google play store and re-download the Apple Music app from there.
- Log in to your account and play the songs to check the error code.
- Locate the app and press and hold on to the Apple Music icon till it jiggles.
- Now click on the Remove app option.
- After removing the app, go to the Apple Store and re-download the Apple Music app from there.
- Tap on “Download” and wait till installation completes.
Fix 7: Turn Off The Dolby Atmos
Many users have found that turning off the Dolby Atmos can let you get rid of the error.
- Go to your Mobile Settings.
- Look for the Music section and then tap Dolby Atmos.
- Select the Off option to turn it off.
- Open your Apple music app.
- Click on the three dots icon on top of the page.
- Go to Settings from there.
- Select and tap on Dolby Atmos to turn it Off.
Note: Not all Android devices are compatible with Dolby Atmos.
Fix 8: Contact Apple Music
If you still have the error then try contacting the Apple Music support team to report the error. Also, don’t forget to mention all the troubleshoots which you have tried.
Note: You can also visit here to check if the Apple Music server is having any issues. If in case Apple Music server is having any outrage then this may also be the reason behind the error, and you have to wait till their server gets back to normal.
Like This Post? Checkout More