Blink provides affordable and smart home security cameras and systems that help you monitor your Home. Blink offers camera systems for indoor and outdoor security with high technology.
You can place these cameras wherever you want and can see what’s happening at your home from anywhere.
If you have installed Blink Cameras at your home and it’s not working then read ahead to know how you can fix it.
It must be showing you some errors like “Camera Busy” or other errors on top of that. These errors usually occur when your sync module is having some problems, or there can be some other reasons too. In this post, we are going to provide all the troubleshoots to fix if Blink Camera is not working.
The Error Can Show Differently
- Camera Busy
- Thumbnail Failed
- Live View Failed
Reasons, Why Blink Camera Is Not Working?
- Your Blink Camera’s sync module is not working properly/
- Internet connection is lost, or the internet is down.
- The battery of your Blink Camera is dead.
- There are some temporary issues with your Blink Camera.
- The power source outlet is not responding properly.
How To Fix If Blink Cameras are not working?
Fix 1: Check the LED Indicator Light
- By checking the LED indicator light on the Blink camera we can have the idea about the reasons for the issue. So take a look at the color of your LED indicator light.
- If the LED light has turned RED then there can be a connection issue. Log in to your Blink App and check the network status. If your connection has less than 3 bars then the blink camera can create some issues during connection.
- If you see a solid blue light, that means your camera is recording the video but you are not able to see it, this is a normal scenario that occurs normally on the Blink camera.
Fix 2: Power Cycle Blink Sync Module
- Power cycle is simply forcing your sync module to restart and reconnect to the WI-FI.
- To power cycle the device unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Also, remove the batteries of the sync module.
- Wait for a full 30 seconds.
- Then put the batteries in place, and plug in the cable back to the wall outlet.
- Then turn on the device, and check if it’s working.
- If the LED light turns green or blue, then you need to try further troubleshoots, or you may need to repair your router.
Fix 3: Check If Blink Sync Module Is Too far From Router
- Make sure that the router is not placed too far from the Blink sync module, because in such a scenario it becomes difficult to make connections with the WI-FI.
- So it is suggested to place the blink sync module near the router for a good internet connection.
- Once you have placed the sync module closer to the router, check if the problem is resolved.
Fix 4: Power Cycle The Router
- On multiple occasions, your router doesn’t provide internet to sync modules properly. In such a situation, you need to power cycle your router.
- Unplug the power cable of the router from the wall outlet.
- Now wait for a full one minute and let the remaining power drain.
- Plug in the power cable back to the wall outlet and check if the internet connection is established or not.
Fix 5: Contact Your Internet Provider
If you find that the internet is not working, and you have tried everything to establish your internet connection and it is still creating issues then this is the best time to contact your internet provider.
If the internet is down then they will let you know, and share the details, how much time will it take to get the internet working again.
But if the internet is not down, and still you are getting issues then they will help you reestablish the internet connection.
Fix 6: Factory Reset the Blink Camera
If your internet is working fine but still blink camera is facing frequent connection issues, then factory reset is the best troubleshoot you should try to avoid any challenges.
- Look up for the Reset button on the camera, you can normally find it next to batteries on the back side of the device.
- In some models location of the Reset button can be different, refer to the manual book for model-wise location.
- Use a pencil, pen, or any similar object to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Once the device is reset properly, a red LED light will blink.
- After resetting the device, you should reconnect the device and sync the module to the app and WI-FI.
- Then check if the issue gets resolved.
Fix 7: Use Other Power Source
- To try another power source, remove the batteries and connect the camera with a USB cable and USB power adapter.
- Connecting it with a cable and new power source allow the camera to run without batteries.
- If your camera works fine with the other power source then your batteries are faulty.
Fix 8: Use RouteThis Help Guide
- If the above-given troubleshoots could not solve your problem then for better Technical Support, take the help of Route this Help.
- This will help technical agents to evaluate your problems, be it wireless network or other problems.
- This will help them to diagnose the issue and find more troubleshooting options.
- Blink has shared a detailed guide on RouteThis Help which you can find here. Follow this guide to troubleshoot your device camera with “RouteThis Help”.
Fix 9: Contact Blink Support
If none of the troubleshoot given above work for you then you are left with only one option, Contact Customer Service of Blink Cameras. They will assist you with expertise and guide you to other solutions which might work for you.
Like This Post? Checkout More