Even though in recent years modern household devices and technology have come a long way and have truly revolutionized the way we get things done in our day to day lives.
There are times however, when not everything is as smooth as expected and we do get confronted with issues and problems when we least expect it.
Similarly, even today, since you are already here reading the following article on, “How to fix Bosch dishwasher Error Code e22?”.
My guess is that you must have already come across one such issue which most users get to experience with their Bosch dishwashers.
To be very honest with you, the Error Code e22 in Bosch dishwashers, is fairly a very common problem you get to see in most Bosch dishwashers out there.
That being said, the fact that it is such a common error or problem out there, the ways in which you go on solving the problem too can be considered quite simple and easily doable as well.
And hence, without any further ado, let us straight away get to the part where we discuss the various ways and methods out there to solve the Error Code e22 on your Bosch dishwasher in no time.
Why is my Bosch dishwasher showing error code e22?
Now, there can be quite a number of reasons why your Bosch dishwasher may come up with such an error.
Below, I have listed out all the possible causes out there which may be responsible for such an error to occur as well as explained in detail how to solve those issues step by step in the section further below.
- Fine Filter is blocked or clogged
- Calcium build up in dishwasher filter
- Blocked hose
- Clogged up circulation pump
How to fix Bosch dishwasher error code e22?
As you might have already guessed by now, the primary cause of such an error code or issue to occur in the first place is mainly due to clogging and accumulation of debris near the outlet of your dishwasher from where it has to let out water once it’s done cleaning.
Hence, our main aim in all the methods explained below should be mainly focused on cleaning that specific part of the outlet which is causing the issue. Once the particular part of the outlet is cleaned, your error should be resolved on its own.
Fix 1: clean Fine Filter in Bosch dishwasher
As you might already know, most Bosh dishwashers out there work on a principle where they recycle and reuse the same water for consecutive cycles, before finally draining it out through the main outlet.
During the entire process, it is the fine filter inside the dishwasher where all the debris and waste food particles get accumulated and the water gets filtered out from.
Hence, if not cleaned on a regular basis, the filter might get clogged and result in the error to show up when water cannot pass through it.
Below, we have the steps explained in detail on how to go on cleaning your Bosch dishwasher’s fine filter if it has got clogged and not letting water pass through it.
- For the very first step, you will need to completely switch off your dishwasher and cut off the main power supply to it. This way you will be saving yourself from any mishappening and getting electrocuted of course.
- Next, you will need to manually remove the filter from your dishwasher by giving it a little twist and pull. If you are not very familiar with which component is what, you can easily refer to the usual manual which you get with the machine on purchase or simply head to the official site and find the manual for your specific model.
- Then, after you have removed the filter as well as the mesh screen, remove any debris or junk from the filter and clean them with a small brush or preferrably a soft toothbrush.
- Once you are done with the cleaning, check to see if the inside of the basin is clean as well.
- Lastly, fix the filter back to the original position and turn on the dishwasher to see whether the error still persists.
Fix 2: clean Calcium build up in Bosch dishwasher Filter
If you are living at a place where the water supply coming to your house is rich in minerals like calcium. Then, there is a high chance that your dishwasher’s filter may see a huge deposit or build up of Calcium on it.
And if that is the case, then an error e22 due to blockage of water is just inevitable and can only be solved by cleaning the calcium build up on your dishwasher’s filter.
The cleaning procedure for this method too is pretty much the same as in the earlier case. However, the only exception here is that before we go on removing the filter and cleaning it with a brush, there are a few other things we need to do prior as shown in the steps below:
- Firstly, empty out your dishwasher completely and turn on the temperature of the water to be sprayed to maximum.
- Next, without adding any detergent or washing compound, select the longest clean cycle and let it run for upto 30 minutes or more.
- Then, add some descaler compound to the outlet of your dishwasher filter and leave it for a few minutes.
- Finally, run a few fresh wash cycles again and let the build up descale and get washed out on its own.
Fix 3: clean blocked hose in Bosch dishwasher
At the very end of the outlet, usually your Bosch dishwasher should have a hose working as a non-return valve stopping the drained water from returning back into the machine.
However, if the valve is blocked or damaged in some way or the other. Then, the drained water might rush back in causing a further blockage and eventually resulting in the error message to show up.
So, all you need to do to solve the issue is clean or fix the valve as shown in the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, try and remove the hose along with the non-return valve from the dishwasher machine.
- Next, with the help of a cleaning cloth clean any dirt or food debris which may be stuck or clogged to the hose as well as the valve.
- Once you are done cleaning the hose and valve properly, water should freely start pouring out of it.
It is important to note here that, unless the valve is physically damaged or broken. Simply cleaning it with the help by following the steps mentioned above should help resolve the issue.
Fix 4: clean circulation pump in Bosch dishwasher
Another reason why your Bosch dishwasher may be flashing the error code e22 on your screen, could be because of a clogging inside your dishwasher’s circulation pump.
If that is the case, then unclogging the pump with the help of the steps as explained below might help you solve the issue on your own.
- For this method too, the very first thing you will need to do is switch off the power supply to the machine and plug it off from the main power supply completely.
- Next, you will need to locate the pump cover in your dishwasher and remove it by referring to the user manual which came along with your machine when first purchased.
- Here too, you might come across food particles and debris, which again you will need to clean in order to get it unclogged.
- After, you have successfully cleaned the circulation pump off any kind of debris and waste, fix it back to its original place and try running it to see whether the water flow has come back to normal or not.
Hence, in this way, by diagnosing and following the cause and fixes respectively, you should be able to fix the error code e22 on your Bosch dishwashers on your own, unless it is an error caused by some major hardware damage or software problem.
And if for some reason the problem is due to a critical malfunction or hardware damage. Then, calling for expert help by contacting Bosch’s help desk might be the best solution out there.
Like This Post? Checkout More