Amazon is a giant platform and has a great foothold in the market. It is highly unlikely that you have a computer or smartphone and do not have an account on Amazon.
After all, creating an account on Amazon is the only way you can access the groundbreaking technology offered by Amazon.
You need an account on Amazon for shopping and selling on the huge marketplace it offers, using services like Kindle and Alexa, and many more things.
However, when the platform is huge, it often stops appealing to people who were a part of the platform initially, and feel a disconnect. There are also issues that users report and this leads to the users deleting their accounts.
Amazon has also recently been in the news for the unethical practices that are followed at Amazon facilities worldwide.
If you are no longer interested in supporting the unethical exploitation of the Amazon workers or just do not feel a connection with the platform anymore, you can follow the steps in the next section to delete your Amazon account easily.
Thing To Note Before deleting Amazon account?
Amazon deeply penetrates the market layer in many countries around the world. There are going to be data losses and you might also lose money if you are not careful.
There are some things you need to consider before thinking of deleting the account on the market giant. Here is what you should remember.
- You will lose all the personal information and account data.
- You will lose access to Amazon Audible, Amazon Alexa, Kindle, and other products that need an Amazon account for operation.
- You will lose the purchase history on Amazon.
- You will not be able to delete the account if you have any purchases or payments pending on the Amazon account.
- You will lose access to your Amazon gift cards.
- Your Amazon account reviews will be deleted.
- You will lose access to Amazon Prime however if you have not used your benefits, you are eligible for a full refund.
After reading all the terms mentioned above, you can proceed to the next section where we tell you how to delete your account.
How to Delete Your Amazon account?
- Follow the link to the account closing page on Amazon.
- Log in to your account on Amazon with the correct credentials
- Read all the terms and conditions that Amazon mentions for the deletion of your account.
- Select a reason why you want to delete your account on the list of reasons displayed on the account closing page.
- Click on the checkbox next to Yes, I want to Permanently Close my Amazon account and Delete my Data.
- Right below that, click on Close My Account.
- On your registered email address, you will receive a confirmation mail from Amazon in relation to deleting your account.
- Follow the steps mentioned in the email to proceed with the deletion of the account.
How can I cancel my orders before I delete my Amazon account?
If you are deleting your amazon account with some orders on the way, you can still cancel the purchase if the product is not shipped yet.
Here is how you can proceed with the same
- Before you submit the request to delete your account, go to the Orders page on your Amazon account.
- On the website, in the orders section, you will see a tab labeled Not Yet Shipped
- Click on Request Cancellation next to the order that you do not wish to receive.
Like This Post? Checkout More