If you are on this page, that means you are tired of your Badoo account or do not have the use for it anymore. Badoo is popular because of the encounter feature on the app. This feature allows you to have speed dates. This is also what makes the platform unique.
However, some people feel that the culture of speed dating does not appeal to them. It is difficult to form connections this way.
Badoo is not a very private platform as the surveys have proved that the privacy score on this platform is the lowest when compared to other platforms in the same space.
The company has also been in the news for notoriously creating profiles from user data without their consent. These are plenty of reasons to look into how to delete your account and data on Badoo.
If you want to take the plunge, read the sections down below to find out how you can delete your profile on Badoo. We will also include different devices and alternatives to deleting the account.
Thing To Note before Deleting Badoo account
Before you decide to delete your account, it is important to note what happens to your data and private information. It is also necessary to understand the terms for termination of your Premium Subscription if you purchased one.
Here is what you should remember
- Your profile will not be shown to potential people that you are supposed to match with.
- After you delete your account, your profile will lose visibility on the platform and other users will not be able to find you.
- The account information on your profile will not be deleted immediately. It will take at least thirty days for the information to be erased.
- You will not receive any notifications from the platform any more
- Before you delete your account, it is important to unsubscribe from the premium membership, or else you might get charged even after you deleted your account
- You will not be refunded the amount that you have already paid towards the Premium membership
Having read all the terms and conditions, if you still want to delete your account, read the next section for the easy steps on how to delete your Badoo account.
How to Delete Badoo Account?
To make sure that all the personal information is removed from the account, it is suggested to change your information on the account to random data. All the information on the account will now be useless to Badoo and you will not be tracked from that information.
- Follow the link and log in to your Badoo account.
- On the left corner of the screen, click on your Profile Picture.
- Click on the Settings icon. You will find this at the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page to click on Delete Account.
- On the popup that appears, click on Delete your Account and click on Continue.
- You will be asked to choose a reason for leaving the platform. Choose one .
- Click on Continue.
- You will be asked the detailed reason. Choose one and click on Continue.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Enter the Captcha that you see on the screen.
- Click on Delete My Account.
- You will receive a confirmation on email from Badoo stating that your account has been deleted.
- Your account will be deleted in the next 30 days.
How To Temporarily Hide your Badoo Account?
If you do not want to delete your account because of the losses in data and subscription perks, Badoo also gives you the option to temporarily hide your profile and make it inactive.
This way you do not get any matches and notifications but you can still activate your account whenever you want.
- Follow the link and log in to your account.
- Click on your Profile Picture.
- Click on Profile Settings.
- Click on Delete Account.
- Click on Hide Your Account option from the list that appears next.
- Click on Confirm.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
Badoo gives you a grace period of 30 days before it completely deletes your account. If you change your mind during this time, you can log in to your account and it will be reinstated without any losses. However, after you cross the 30-day mark, you cannot recover your account. You will have to make a new account and start afresh.
If you have subscribed for Premium on Badoo, then the first step you should take is, to cancel the auto-renewal of the membership and remove your card details from Badoo. Cancel your subscription after. Also, remember that the policy of Badoo on canceling the membership is designed in a way that they do not issue you any refunds. However, you can use the subscription for the time period that you have already paid for. We suggest you delete your account only after the period of subscription already paid is over so that you don’t lose money.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More