If you are using banking apps and services, you must have heard of Chime. It is easier with the model that Chime offers to send money to different bank accounts with zero fees. This is why Chime enjoys a huge market share in the online banking sector.
However, all is not rosy for this company. The notorious case of Chime getting in trouble with the law authorities for claiming to be a bank is a small example of what is wrong with the company in terms of following rules.
What is even scarier is that many users have reported that Chime closed their accounts without any prior warning. The customers did not even get the money in their accounts. This was highly unfair and the company said that they closed the accounts on the suspicion of fraud.
If you are one of the users of Chime and now the benefits do not overweigh the disadvantages of the platform for you anymore, you can read the steps down below to delete your account on Chime in the safest manner possible.
Things to Note Before Deleting Chime Account
At the platforms like Chime, your money and vulnerable bank information are at stake. This is why you should always be careful and read all the policies before you make any major changes to your account.
Here is what you should remember before you delete your account
- You cannot send or receive money on your account after you delete the account. Make sure you inform all the people you are expecting money from that you are deleting your Chime account and the payment should be made on a new platform.
- You can not use your Chime Visa Debit Card after you decide to close your account.
- The subscriptions and repetitive payments that you registered on the platform will be canceled.
- All the data on your account will be permanently erased. Make sure you take a backup of your important financial data and payment history before deleting your account.
After reading and understanding all the points above, if you are sure that you want to delete your Chime account, follow the steps in our next section to make the process easier.
How to Delete Your Chime account?
You can not decide to delete your account on Chime if you are not fulfilling the eligibility conditions at Chime. Before you delete the account, make sure that you follow all the conditions mentioned down below
- All the cards that were linked with your account on Chime should be removed due to security reasons.
- Clear all the balance from your account. Once you delete the account, you will no longer be able to retrieve money from your account.
- Check that all the due payments are cleared and the refunds directed to your account are in the clear as well.
- Clear all the remaining dues on the account including the overdraft amount.
Process of Deletion
- From your registered email, compose an email to Chime Support.
- In the email, enter the subject and mention clearly, Request To Delete My Account.
- For the body, explain that you need support in deleting your account and removing your sensitive information from the account.
- Send the email.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Chime when they are ready to delete your account.
You can also attempt to delete the account via phone.
- Contact the customer service at Chime.
- Call on 1-844-244-6363 .
- Call during the week any day between 7 am to 9 pm.
- Explain to the support staff that you want to delete your account.
- They will explain you the further process.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
There is no way that you can retrieve an account on Chime after you have gone through the process of deleting the account. It is therefore very important to understand whether you want to delete your account or not before you go through with the process.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More