If you are on this page, you are most likely a person who downloaded Grindr to have the experience of a regular dating app built specifically for the Gay, Trans, Bi, and Queer population.
Some people downloaded the app in the hopes of finding a stable relationship but the app has transitioned into a platform that is more towards sexual liberation for the platform’s population.
If you are someone looking for a serious relationship effort, it is unlikely that you will find many people. This platform has unfortunately transitioned into a hookup heavy app.
When you survey the profiles on Grindr, you will find the bios to be more explicit and tagged with looking for hookups rather than meaningful information about the person you are going to meet.
If you have found someone already or if you have had enough of the hookup culture on Grindr, read ahead in the article to find out how to delete your Grindr account.
Things To Note before deleting Grindr account
Before you decide to erase your identity on Grindr, there are certain points that you should remember. These are related to your data on the platform, subscriptions if you purchased any, and the connections you made on the platform.
Here is what you should keep in mind.
- When you delete your account on Grindr, the action is permanent. You cannot get your account back if this is what you decide to do.
- All your personal information will be deleted from the platform.
- All your photos will be deleted
- All the conversations that you had with others on the platform will be wiped off
- You will lose all the app privileges and the subscription privileges if you have one.
- Closing your account will not lead to the automatic cancellation of a purchased subscription. Cancel the subscription before you proceed with deleting your account.
After reading all of the pointers above, if you are sure you want to delete your account on Grindr, you can follow through to the next section to find steps on the same.
How to Delete Grindr account?
There is a difference in the process depending on the device that you use for deleting your account on Grindr.
The difference in steps is explained under different headings.
On an Android device
- Launch the app and log in with the correct credentials.
- At the far left corner, click on the Profile Picture icon.
- Scroll down on the drop-down menu and click on Settings.
- The Settings page opens.
- On the Settings page, click on Deactivate.
- The Account Deactivation page opens.
- Click on the Delete Account option at the bottom of the page.
- A list of possible reasons for you leaving Grindr is displayed. Choose one or click on Skip at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a prompt on the screen asking you if you want to backup your data before it is deleted. Select Back Up Now if you want to have a backup.
- Select No, Thanks if you do not want a backup of your data.
- Click on the Delete button on the next popup you see.
- You will be prompted to add your email address for verification. Enter the registered email.
- Click on Delete Profile.
- On the next popup you see, confirm that you do want to delete the account. Click on Delete Account to continue.
On an iOS Device
If you use Grindr on your iPhone or iPad, these are the steps for deleting your account.
- Launch the app on your device and login if not already logged in.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Click on the Gear icon that signifies Settings. You will find this at the top left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the bottom to click on Delete Profile.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
Grindr provides you the option to take a break without erasing your profile. What you can do is, delete the Grindr app from your device and do not follow through with any deleing process on the platform. This way, you can have the profile and keep your subscription but you will not receive any instant messages and notifications from Grindr on your device. You can reinstall the app whenever you want to come back.
Unfortunately, there is no way to get your account back on Grindr once you go through the process of deleting it. The process of deleting the account is permanent and you will lose all your data as soon as you take the plunge. This is why it is recommended to take into account that the step you are taking has irreversible consequences. You should also make sure that you cancel your subscription before you delete your account.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More