There is a huge boom of dating apps in the market. You can find so many platforms where you can meet people, connect with them, make connections, and so on.
One such platform is Match.com. If you are on this page, this automatically implies that you have an account on Match.com and you want to get rid of it.
Usually, people delete the dating apps on their phones when they meet someone special or maybe they are not happy with the concept of the app. Not to forget the annoying notifications that you get throughout the day.
These notifications can be useful when you are active on the app and looking for connections but when you have no use for the app anymore, even the important notifications become annoying
Whatever may be your reason to leave Match.com, if you want to get rid of your Match account, you can read the easy steps down below to continue.
Things to Note before Deleting Match.com account
There are certain points that you should remember before you cut ties with your account on Match.com.
Here is what you should remember
- Your data related to the account will be deleted
- All the privileges that you had on the account will end
- All the conversations that you had with people on the platform will be deleted
- The matches that you had on the platform will not be able to find your profile or contact you unless you have given them some other platform address
- You will not be able to log back into your account to find the data safe
- Make sure that you cancel all the subscriptions on the account before you delete the account. This will make sure that you are not charged for the subscriptions even after you erase your account.
If you have considered all the above points, and you are sure that you want to delete the account, read ahead in our next section on how to delete your account.
We will also mention the alternatives to deleting your account further down in the article.
How to Permanently Delete your Match.com Account?
If you want to permanently delete your account on Match.com, follow the steps down below.
- Log in to your account on Match.com.
- At the far right corner of the page, click on your Profile Picture.
- Click on My Account Settings.
- Click on Manage My Subscriptions to cancel any subscriptions you may have on the platform.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to click on Suspend My Account.
- Click on To Cancel Your Account, Click Here.
- Your account will be deleted in the next 24 hours if you do not log back in during the 24 hour period.
Alternatives to Delete Match.com
If you do not wish to delete your account and just want to take a break, you can consider the options like deactivating your account, or if you are annoyed with the bombarding emails, you can choose to unsubscribe from the emails on Match.com
Here is how you can go ahead with these two.
method 1: Deactivate / Disable Match Account
It is an easy process to deactivate your account. The benefit is that you can log back in whenever you want and all your account data, conversations, and privileges will be intact.
- Follow the link and sign in to your account on Match.com.
- Click on the Profile tab.
- Click on Settings. It is denoted by the gear icon.
- Click on Change/Cancel Membership.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Click on Continue Cancellation.
- Click on Cancel Membership and Remove Profile.
You can log back into your profile whenever you want but if you do not log back in for two years, the account will be permanently suspended.
Method 2: Unsubscribe From Emails
If you do not wish to receive numerous emails from Match.com on your registered email id, you do not need to delete your account.
Here is how you can unsubscribe from the Match.com emails
- Open your registered email account.
- Open any recent emails from Match.com.
- Scroll to find the Unsubscribe button on the email.
- Click on Unsubscribe.
- You will no longer receive emails from Match.com.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
There is no way to restore a deleted account on Match.com after the 24 hour period has lapsed. If you want to restore your account, you need to log in to your account in the 24 hours that follow the initiation of deleting process. This is why it is suggested to be completely sure that you want to delete your account when you decide to take the plunge. If you are not sure, you can also take advantage of alternatives like deactivating/disabling the account or unsubscribing from the emails on Match.com.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More