Pof.com is the acronym for Plenty Of Fish. The dating platform is just one of many other such platforms. Every platform has its own merits and demerits.
Often, people download and make profiles on many dating sites at once. People do this so that they can get a match faster and easier.
Plenty of Fish platform does not have a very good rating and users often complain of the profiles being fake, credit card problems, data privacy issues. This is not an ideal atmosphere for someone to continue being on the platform.
If you are one such user who created a profile on Pof.com, and now wish to delete your POF account, then you can read the sections down below where we explain everything related to deleting your account.
Thing To Note Before Deleting POF.Com account
Before you delete your account on Pof.com, you must take into account the consequences that come with the decision. Especially if you have purchased a paid subscription on the platform, thinking before making a decision becomes even more important.
- You will lose all your connections on the profile
- You will lose all the messages saved on your profile
- Deleting your account will not cancel your subscription.
- You will not get a refund for the amount you have already paid. However, you can use the subscription until it ends.
If you are sure that you want to delete your account, you can follow the steps in the next section to do so easily.
How to Delete Your POF.Com account?
It is very important to backup all of your important data if you have any on the platform before you decide to delete your account.
Thankfully, POF has made it really easy to delete your account. Read here how to do it.
- Use the app or website to login into your account.
- Click on Help. you will find this at the top of the screen.
- Click on Remove Profile.
- Click on Delete your POF Profile.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- You can choose a reason for leaving when asked for it. You can also choose not to answer this question.
- Your account will be deleted.
How To Temporarily Hide your POF account?
If you do not want to lose your data and subscription benefits but also do not want to use your profile for a while, you can use the option of hiding your profile.
Almost all dating sites provide you with this alternative to take a break from your profile without any losses. For the time that you choose to hide your profile, nobody will be able to access your profile on the platform and you will also not receive any notifications from the platform.
However, it depends on your primary purpose and what is best for you. If you do not want your vulnerable data to be on the platform anymore, you can choose to delete your account. If you are looking for just a short break, hiding the profile is the option for you.
Here is how you can hide your account
- Launch the app or go to the website.
- Log in to your account with the correct credentials
- Click on My Profile, you will find this at the top of the page
- A dropdown menu appears, again click on My Profile
- Under the Profile Visibility section, click Hide Profile
- Your profile will now be hidden.
How can I cancel my subscription on POF?
If you have paid for a premium subscription at POF, you can cancel it in different ways depending on your device. If you have an android device, you can cancel the subscription through Google Play Store. If you have an iOS device, you can cancel the subscription through Apple Store using your Apple id.
You can also cancel the subscription on the POF website. And to do that follow the steps given below.
- Sign in to your account.
- At the top of the page, click on Premium.
- Click on Click here to let your Premium Expire.
- The subscription will be canceled.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
When you delete your account, you delete all the data from the servers. They do not have a hold of your original data to help you get back into your account. Therefore, it is not possible to revive an account that has been deleted. Only take the step of deleting your account when you are sure about your decision.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More