Do you have an account on Shutterfly? Do you store your treasured memories on Shutterfly? And are you tired of it? With the availability of the internet to everyone, all the things that were once physical have shifted online.
Take pictures, for instance, people used to treasure the pictures taken by putting them into different albums and storing them year after year.
Pictures have now moved online with the apps like Shutterfly where you can store the photos, edit them, even tag your family members.
However, if you are tired of this and want to go back to the old-world charm of storing physical photos, have found some other better platform, or have some privacy concerns with the app, you can follow the steps down below to delete your Shutterfly account.
Thing To Note Before Deleting Shutterfly account
Shutterfly has a lot of your data stored in the form of photographs and along with the photos, they also have the personal information that you enter while making an account.
It is not prudent to delete the account without thinking about the consequences and planning ahead.
Here is what you should keep in mind.
- Take a Back up of all the uploaded pictures on Shutterfly. Once you close your account, you will not be able to access the photos that you value. There are different download options that you can try for saving your photos. Make sure you do this before you delete the account.
- Make sure that you do not leave behind any vulnerable data on your account.
After you have made sure that the above conditions are taken care of, you can follow the steps in our next section on how to delete your Shutterfly account.
How to Delete Shutterfly Account?
Unfortunately, there is no simple step-by-step answer to this question. You will not see any specific process that you can follow on your account to delete it. But it’s possible and you can do it by contacting the support team at Shutterfly.
- Before you can delete your account, you will be asked the reason for submitting the request for account deletion. Whatever reason you cite, will not be a hurdle in the process of deletion. They just ask for this information so that they can improve in the future through user feedback.
- They will also ask you about the information on your billing address if you have made some orders on Shutterfly.
- Send an email to the Shutterfly team requesting account deletion. Use this Email
- You can also follow this link to send them a message on their support center.
- They will contact you for further processes regarding deleting your account.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
There is an easy and efficient process to backup your photos on Shutterfly. You can download up to 500 pictures in a Zipped folder. All these pictures will be high resolution and you can easily unzip the pictures using software like WinRar. You can either store these images on your device, or you can choose to move these images to cloud storage that is safe. You can use Google Drive or iCloud for this purpose.
1. Go to the My Photos Section on Shutterfly
2. Now you will see a list of all the photos that you have saved on Shutterfly.
3. Download the pictures.
If you choose to deactivate your Shutterfly account instead of deleting it, then all of the data on your Shutterfly account remains where it is. None of your pictures are deleted and you will find them untouched when you decide to get back to your account. You can deactivate the Shutterfly account through the same procedure that you will follow for deleting your account. You need to contact the customer support team at Shutterfly to deactivate the account.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More