The most deleted accounts among all the platforms are Dating apps. Mostly because people download the apps, find someone on the app or outside, and then do not have the need for the dating app anymore.
Also, it is frowned upon to have a dating app if you are in a relationship even if you are not using the account. This is the reason that dating apps lose so many users on a daily basis.
Silver Singles is a dating platform that is marketed for people over the age of 50. The decision for this age bracket makes it easier for people in their senior years to find someone from their suitable dating pool.
The problems with the Silver Singles platform are many. The first and the most common issue is that though Silver Singles claims to have a free membership alongside the paid one, you can only access the better features on the Premium membership.
If you do not pay, you cannot even see the profile pictures of the matches. Where will you complain about that because you do not have access to customer support which is free almost everywhere?
Even if you pay, you are looking at incompetent matches, matches way out of the age range that you specified and the compatibility quiz seems to be useless for the algorithm.
If you are one of the tired users of Silver Singles and are looking into deleting your account. You can follow the steps down below to better understand how to delete the account.
Thing To Note Before deleting Silver Singles account
Before you get rid of your account on the platform, there are certain points about your data and subscriptions that you should remember.
Here is what you should keep in mind
- When you press the delete button, the profile will be permanently deleted and the action cannot be undone.
- Your matches on the platform will be deleted
- Your conversations on the platform will be deleted
- Cancel any subscriptions that you have on the platform before you decide to delete the account because the site has an auto-renewal option for the memberships. This can cause you to get billed even after the account is deleted.
- You will not be refunded for the money that you have already paid for the subscription.
After reading all the points above, if you are still certain that you want to delete your account, you can go to the next section for the steps to delete the account.
How to Delete Your Silver Singles account?
Here is how you can delete your account on Silver Singles in simple steps.
- Log in to your account at Silver Singles. Make sure to enter the correct credentials.
- Click on the Gear icon that you see. This represents the Settings.
- Click on Membership.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on I Want To Delete My Profile.
- You will be asked to mention why you want to leave Silver Singles.
- Mention the reason that you feel is the most appropriate.
- Click on Continue.
- You will be prompted to enter the password to your account to confirm that it is you who wants to delete the account.
- Click on Confirm.
It is a small process. There is also an alternative method of deleting your account where you can send an email to the company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This can be a slightly lengthy process which is why it is suggested to directly delete it from the platform settings menu.
How To Temporarily Disable Silver Singles account?
If you do not want to commit to the decision of irreversibly deleting your account, you can explore the option of temporary disabling.
This is how you can take a break from using the account as well as stop receiving notifications and emails from the platform at the same time.
Here is how you can disable your account instead
- Log in to your Silver Singles account using the correct credentials.
- Click on the Gear icon to reveal the Settings menu.
- On the Settings menu, click on My Account.
- Navigate to Matching Settings.
- On the toggle next to Matching is Enabled, make a click.
- The toggle will now be turned off and the matching will be disabled.
People will not be able to find you on the platform after you disable matching. You can now delete the app from your device if you want to.
Whenever you decide to come back, your profile will have all the data intact and you can just download the app and enable the matching by turning the toggle on. You can also follow the same steps given above to reactivate.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
Disabling the matching on your account will not cause your subscription to pause, you will still be charged for the premium membership. If you do not want to get charged, you will have to cancel the membership. You can again buy a membership or subscription when you want to come back.
When you disable matching on your account, your profile is only hidden from new matches. The earlier matches can still contact you and message you. If you do not wish to read the messages, you can choose to delete the app from your device or also turn off the notifications. However, if you do not want to be visible at all on the platform, then you will need to delete your account altogether.
As soon as you delete your account on Silver Singles, all your data and identifying information is deleted. At least this is what the company claims. Since all your data is deleted, there is no way that you can get your account back with the same data that you had previously on the account.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More