If you are a frequent flyer, Delta Skymiles is a great platform to use benefits in the form of flying miles. It provides you with exclusive benefits and discounts that can be of great help when you are flying.
While the account is free to create, it is not so much of a benefit if you only travel once in a while. You need to be a regular flyer with Delta to receive maximum benefits.
Also, with your account on the website, you might have noticed that the company is notorious for sending bulk emails to your registered mail address. You will always have a barrage of emails from the platform that will keep the inbox extremely cluttered.
It is also said that your private information on the account is not as secure as it should be and there is a risk of vital information getting hacked in case your account is dormant for a long period of time.
If you are one of the users at Delta Skymiles and do not feel that you are getting as many benefits from the account as you should, you can read the section on how to delete your account on Skymiles down below.
Things To Note Before Deleting Skymiles Account
There is certain information regarding the terms and conditions of the platform that you need to remember before you delete the account. This is to make sure that you do not lose vital information and data in the process of deleting your account.
Here is what you need to remember.
- There is no direct link on the website that you can use to delete the account. You will need to contact the customer support team at Delta Skymiles to delete your account.
- You will lose access to the miles that are on your account and will not be able to use them. Make sure you use up all your benefits before you make the decision to delete the account.
- Before you delete the account, it is your responsibility to cancel the automatic renewal of the Skymiles on your account. This will make sure that you do not get charged even after deleting the account.
After carefully reading the points above if you still wish to delete your account, you can follow through with our next section to read the steps on deleting the Delta Skymiles account.
How to delete your SkyMiles account?
As stated above, you cannot delete your account through the simple process of pressing a button on the website. You will need to contact customer support and they will assist you in deleting your account on Delta Skymiles.
There are two ways to contact customer support at Delta Skymiles. Read ahead to know how to use both of them efficiently.
Method 1: By Contacting Customer Support
You can call the customer support team at Delta Skymiles. You can use the number 800-323-2323.
After getting in touch, you will be asked to provide some information like your phone number, account number, and even your social security number.
But all of this happens after you get in touch which can take time because the customer support team at Delta Skymiles does not work live at all times and they may take some time to respond to your request.
You need to be patient during this process.
If you are in a hurry and absolutely want to get in touch with the customer agent, you will need to fill up a help forum. You can find this on the help page and they will contact you.
Method 2: Through email
If you do not feel like calling customer support, you can email them with your issue instead.
Here is how you can draft a proper email to send to the Delta Skymiles Customer Team.
- Open the registered email address that you used to make an account on Delta Skymiles.
- Click on Compose to start writing a new email.
- Enter the recipient as MobileApp@delta.com
- Enter the subject very clearly as REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- In the body of the email, explain why you want to delete the account, enter your identifying information and request the assistance of the support team to delete your account.
- Click on Send.
- You will shortly receive communication mail from Delta Skymiles with the instructions on how to delete your account.
- Follow the steps that they mention and your account will be deleted in a short span of time.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
You might be prompted to enter your password as a process of identification when you decide to delete your account. Therefore, it is always a good idea to keep it handy. In case you have forgotten your password, you can request a reset link on your registered email address.
Yes, you can merge different Delta SkyMiles accounts together. You will be provided with a combined account number after you combine the accounts and you will be able to use the benefits of both the accounts on a single one.
Like This Post? Checkout More