It is a brilliant idea to move your services online in today’s world. Everyone is on the internet and convenience is what sells. This is what the shopping industry giant Walmart understood early on.
If you are a fan of low-cost shopping on Walmart, chances are that you also have an account on Walmart online. After all, this allows you to get products delivered right to your doorstep.
There are also many problems with Walmart though. In recent years, Walmart has been caught up in the web of bad reputation, issues with no environmental sustainability practices in place, and the competitors like Amazon. All these reasons are pushing Walmart out of business.
If you want to shut your Walmart account or delete an account belonging to a deceased person, you can find the steps down below.
Thing To Note Before Deleting Walmart account
There are certain points you need to keep in mind when you decide to delete your account at Walmart.
- There is no straightforward way of deleting your account on Walmart online. You will need to contact customer support to help you delete your account.
- Deleting your account does not delete your personal information. Therefore, it is advised that before you delete the account, you must change all your account information to random bits of useless information.
- Deleting your account means that you cannot access your past and present purchases and you will lose all your data
- Deleting your account does not cancel your subscriptions automatically. You will have to cancel the subscriptions on your Walmart account manually.
If you have read all the points above, you can proceed with deleting your account. Before you make the request, make sure that you have your registered email and password.
How To Delete Your Walmart Account?
As discussed above, there is no toggle switch for deleting your account on Walmart. There is a little more effort that needs to be put in before you can delete your account.
Here is how you can contact customer care to help you delete your account.
- Follow the link to go to the Walmart website and log in.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Customer Service section.
- Under the customer service section, click on Contact Us.
- A Help page appears with lots of FAQs.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.
- A chatbox opens.
- Explain to the customer representative on the other side that you want help in deleting your account.
- Follow the steps that the representative mentions in order to delete your account.
- You will receive a confirmational mail on your id from Walmart after the account has been deleted.
You can also call Walmart on the official helpline number to get in touch with the customer representative that way. You can call on 1-800-925-6278.
How To cancel Your Walmart membership?
It is very important to cancel all your memberships at Walmart before you delete your account. Here is how you can cancel the membership online in easy steps.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on My Account. You will find this at the top right corner of the screen.
- You will see a panel on the left. Click on Delivery Unlimited.
- Click on End Delivery Unlimited.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More