Wayfair has a great reputation in the market solely due to the fact that it was founded by former employees at Amazon.
People take this as a plus because this symbolizes that the founders may have a great knowledge of selling products online.
After all, they learned from Amazon, one of the giants in the industry. This is why the site has more than 1 million active users.
All is not rosy and shiny on the platform though especially when it comes to user satisfaction. Users are not happy with a lot of features on the Wayfair app.
The customer service on the app does not rate high on the satisfaction quotient along with the issues with the delivery timings. You might have to wait a long time for your products to get delivered.
The feature that if you do not like an item that was delivered to you, you have to pay a fee to return the item is a sore topic for many users on the platform.
There are competitors in the market who do not have this drawback. Wayfair is therefore losing dissatisfied customers to the competitors.
If you are one of the users who do not like the app interface and services anymore, you can follow the steps listed below to make it easy for you to delete your Wayfair account.
Thing To Note Before deleting Wayfair account?
You might be dissatisfied with the service on the platform but there are purchases and payments involved in the app.
Therefore, it is very important that you go through all the terms and conditions before you delete the account. It is also important to take backups of your purchase history and data.
Here is what you should remember before you decide.
- All of your personal data on Wayfair will be deleted as soon as you delete your account.
- Your personal data also includes payment details and mailing addresses along with your phone number.
- Wayfair also has a reward point system in place. You will not be refunded for any unused reward points on your account.
- You can use your previous email address to create a new account after you delete the previous account but you will not be able to access the same information that you had on the account earlier.
- You cannot delete your account in case you have any pending orders or purchases. Make sure that you have cleared all the payments before submitting a request.
If you have read all the terms carefully, you can proceed to the next section where we explain in detail how to delete your account.
How to Delete Your Account on Wayfair?
Unfortunately, Wayfair does not give you the option to delete the account through the app or even the website directly. You will need to send an email to the support if you wish to delete your account on Wayfair.
Method 1: Thorough Their Website
- Follow the link on the browser of your choice and log in to your Wayfair account with the correct credentials.
- On the home page, click on Account. You will see this on the right corner of the page represented by your profile picture.
- On the dropdown menu, click on Help and Contact.
- Click on Contact Us.
- You will see a help page open with three options.
- Click on Account Settings from the three options.
- On the next three options shown, click on Change Email or Password.
- Click on Email us on the next page.
- A page opens where you can compose your email to the support team at Wayfair.
- Add the Name and Email address in the fields specified. Enter the details of your request about deleting your account.
- After the email is complete, click on Send Message.
- Once your request is reviewed, you will receive a mail from the company addressing your request. This is the confirmation mail.
- If you do not receive any mails for a long period, you can call customer support to help you with the same.
method 2: Through A Phone call
If you are skeptical about sending an email because the results may not be prompt, you can call customer support instead to directly submit a request by phone.
You can call customer support at Wayfair at 866-263-8325.
Some people decide to delete their account because they are unhappy with some features on the platform but they are happy with the other features.
In that case, you can read the next section on the alternatives to deleting your account.
Alternatives to Deleting your Account on Wayfair
If you do not wish to delete your account but want to feel more comfortable by getting rid of certain features instead, this section takes you through your options on the same.
Method 1: Delete your Payment Details on the platform
Some people are not comfortable with sharing their confidential information on the platforms like Wayfair. You do not need to delete the account for that.
You can simply choose to remove your payment details on the platform. Here is how you can do so in easy steps.
- Follow the link and log in to your account on Wayfair with the correct credentials.
- Click on Account Settings
- Click on Payment Information
- Click on Edit. This will allow you to edit the details of your payment methods saved on the platform.
- Click on the Delete icon represented by a trash can. The payment method will be deleted.
Method 2: Unsubscribe from the emails
If you do not like your mailbox flooded with promotional emails from Wayfair, you can choose to unsubscribe from the same without deleting the account.
Here is a guide on how to do the same.
- Log in to your Wayfair account through this specific link
- You can now unsubscribe to the mailing list at Wayfair.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot gain access to a deleted account on Wayfair. This is why it is suggested to be hundred percent sure about your decision when you take this step. You can still use the same credentials to create a new account but you will not have access to any older settings and information when you decide to make a new account. Everything will be wiped clean including your reward points and purchase history and you will be starting from scratch.
Like This Post? Checkout More