The American website where Employees can review companies and anonymously compare their salaries online is a very useful platform. However, if you wish to leave this site for some reason, you can follow the steps down below to to delete Your Glassdoor account?
How to Delete Your Glassdoor Account?
method 1: If you signed in through a social connection like Facebook/Apple/Google
- Take the steps to disconnect your social account from the Glassdoor account
- Facebook: Login to Facebook and click on the settings menu. Under the Apps and Websites option, find Glassdoor. Click on View and Edit to open a Dialog box. On scrolling down, you will find Remove. Click on it to confirm.
- Apple: go to the account page of your Apple id. Under the Security section, you will find Apps and Websites. Click on Manage and then click on the Glassdoor option. Click on Stop using Apple id and you are good to go.
- Google: go to the Glassdoor profile. Click on Account settings. You will find your linked Google account. Click on Disconnect.
- There is an email address linked to whatever social connection you used, make use of that email to reset your password on Glassdoor.
- Log in to Glassdoor using the new generated Password
- Click on the Profile icon
- A drop-down menu appears. Click on Account Settings
- Scroll down to the Close Account Option
- Confirm and click on Close Account once again
- Wait for a confirmation message that the account was deleted.
Method 2: If you signed in through an email address
- Log in to Glassdoor
- Click on the Profile icon visible on the right-hand corner of the screen
- Click on Account Settings when the Dropdown menu appears
- Scroll to the bottom to discover the Close Account option and click to get a confirmation dialog.
- Confirm and click on Close Account again
- Wait for the message confirming that the account was successfully deleted.
Consequences of Deleting the Glassdoor account
If you decide to delete the Glassdoor account, you should be aware of the consequences. When you delete your account, the action is irreversible and all the contributions made by you through your account will be removed as soon as the account ceases to exist.
Alternatives to Glassdoor Account Deletion
If you are deleting the account because you are tired of the countless marketing emails from Glassdoor, you can choose to unsubscribe to those emails with some simple steps.
If you just want to remove social connections from your account, you can follow the steps given above in the section on how to delete your account or visit the Help center on Glassdoor to keep your account after you remove the connection.
You can also choose to remove employer access on your account if you have an employer account.
FAQ’s | Frequently Asked Questions
You can go to the Email and Alerts section of the Glassdoor Account Settings that you can access from the dropdown menu on your profile and unsubscribe from there. If you are more comfortable with individually unsubscribing on your email, you can also choose to do that.
You can visit the section on how to remove social connections from your account above. You can find it under the heading, ‘How to delete your account.’
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More