The error codes 601, 401, Or 406 can occur with the FINAL FANTASY XIV (ffxiv) while making any kind of purchase. These errors simply mean that your payment is declined before it reaches the Square Enix systems. And as a result, you are having one of these errors.
Please Note: If you keep getting this error then please stop and wait for at least 24 hours because multiple failed attempts with the same card/account can lead you to a temporary security lockout. If getting 401 or 406 errors, then wait for a minimum of 24 hours before trying again. And if you are having 601 error, then wait for at least 48 hours before retying the transaction.
Reasons For The FFxiv Error 601, 401, Or 406
- Your account doesn’t have sufficient funds.
- There is any temporary issue with your card or bank.
- Your card does not allow recurring payments.
- You have entered the card details incorrectly.
- Your browser add on or extensions are conflicting with the payment process.
- You are using VPN or proxy.
- Your account is temporarily locked out.
How To Fix FFxiv Error code 601, 401, Or 406?
Fix 1: Check Issues With Your Card
- Make sure your card has sufficient funds to complete the translation.
- Double-check all the card details you have provided.
- If in case your card is expiring this month then ffxiv can treat your card as expired. So you need to use a different card.
- Try using any alternate debit or credit card.
Fix 2: Check Issues With Your Connection
- If you are using a VPN or proxy then consider disabling them.
- Go to any internet speed test website and check if your internet speed is good and has a stable connection.
- Also try making the purchase over any other internet connection such as a mobile hotspot, or any alternate wifi connection.
Fix 3: Check Issues With Your Browser
- First, make sure your browser is up to date with the latest firmware version.
- If the error still continues then try using alternate browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Brave, etc.
- Try disabling browser extensions or add-ons from your browser and then try making the payment.
- If you are using chrome then disable the browser extension uses in the incognito mode, and then try making the purchase under the incognito mode.
Fix 4: Use Any Alternate Payment Method
If the error keeps troubling you no matter what solution you try then the best way to get rid of this error is to use an alternate payment method.
- You can buy Crysta through Paypal.
- Buy Game Time Cards which may be purchased at a variety of retailers.
Fix 5: Contact Game Support
By following the above suggestion you will be able to easily bypass the error.
But in case the error still continues then get in touch with the game support. Explain to them the issue and all the steps you have taken to resolve the error.
Like This Post? Checkout More