Are you facing any charging issues with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone? If yes then here I am going to tell you the possible reasons for the issue, and also going to let you know the possible troubleshoot to fix the charging issue of your Galaxy phone.
There can be many reasons that’s why you are facing a charging issue with your Galaxy phone. The issue can be related to software or hardware. In this post, you are going to find the solution to your charging issue.
Here are the possible reasons that’s why you are facing the issue,
- Your Android phone software is not updated.
- There is some issue with your power outlet.
- Your Charging cable or Adapter is damaged.
- You may be using any third-party charging cable or adapter.
- There is some technical glitch.
- There is some issue with your Android phone charging port.
- Your Android phone battery is damaged.
Try These Possible Fixes If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Not Charging
1. Check Software Update For Your Phone
Yes, it’s possible that there will be any pending software update for your Galaxy phone and that’s why you are facing the charging issue. So I will suggest you to look under your phone settings if there is any software update pending.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Go to the About section.
- Look for any pending Software Update.
- If any software update is pending, then please consider updating it.
2. Try Using Different Power Outlet
The issue may be with your power outlet, so try changing your phone with any other power outlet.
3. Check your charging cable & Adapter For Damage Or Dirt
- Check your galaxy phone charger or adapter for any damage or dirt.
- If there is any dust clean it from your charging cable or adapter, and then try charging your phone.
- If even after cleaning dust from your charging cable and adapter, your phone is not charging then try changing your phone with a different cable or adapter. It’s possible that the fault is with your existing cable or adapter.
4. Try Official Charging Cable And Adapter
Many new smartphones don’t charge properly with the third-party cable or adapter. So if you are using any third-party cable or adapter then try charging your phone with the official charging cable and adapter.
If you don’t have the official accessories then you can do one thing. Instead of ordering online, just go to the nearest customer service center or any mobile accessories store, and ask for the original accessories to test if your phone is charging or not.
5. Check Your Galaxy Phone For Water And moisture
If there is any water or moisture present around the charging port of your Samsung phone then your phone will not charge. Samsung developed their smartphone this way to avoid corrosion.
While there is any water or moisture around the charging port of your galaxy phone, you will still be able to charge your phone with a wireless charger, but you can’t charge your phone with the wired cable charger.
You will get a pop-up message on your phone screen, If you will try charging your phone while there is any moisture on your phone.
Keep your phone in dry air for a few hours, this way the moisture will get removed from your phone itself.
If moisture is gone away but you still getting the error message on your phone screen, then try clearing the cache for USB by following the steps below,
- Open your phone Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Click on Show system apps.
- Choose USB Settings.
- Choose Storage.
- Choose Clear data and Clear cache.
6. Try restarting your Android phone
It’s possible that there is not any critical issue with your phone. There is just some technical issue or any bug which is causing the issue which can be easily fixed after Restarting your phone. So try restarting your phone and check if it fixes the issue.
7. The Issue Is With Your Phone Charging Port
If even after trying all the given troubleshooting methods, your phone is not charging then the issue may be with your phone charging port.
First, try cleaning your phone charging port, and if even cleaning the charging port doesn’t solve the issue then you may have to visit your nearest service center so they can confirm whether the issue is with your charging port or not.
If your phone supports wireless charging then try changing your phone with a wireless charger. If your phone is changing with the wireless charger then it confirms that the issue is your phone charging port.
8. Visit Your Nearest Samsung Service Center
If none of the solutions works for your phone then there is a huge possibility that your phone battery is dead by now and that’s why it’s not charging.
To confirm whether your phone battery is dead, or there is any other issue, you have to visit your nearest Samsung Service Center.
Like This Post? Checkout More