Apple Watch contains so much functionality and sometimes these functionalities cause little problems here and there. If your Apple Watch pauses during the workout then in this post I am going to tell you the possible solutions to fix the issue.
1. Turn Off Auto Pause.
2. Turn off the workout reminder.
3. Enable Screen lock to protect from unwanted taps.
4. Make sure the watch is well tightened to the wrist.
5. Make sure you don’t wear the watch on top of any tattoos.
How To Fix If Apple Watch Workout App Keeps Auto Pausing?
Fix 1: Turn Off Auto Pause
Auto Pause is a very useful feature which turns off the workout app if it doesn’t sense any activity, and it starts again as it senses the activity.
But sometimes this feature can annoy you, and it can be the culprit of the issue. So we will suggest you turn off the Auto Pause features.
- Go to Apple Watch Settings.
- Tap Workout.
- Scroll down tap Auto Pause.
- Toggle off the Auto Pause.
- Restart your Apple Watch.
- Now check if the issue is fixed.
- Go to your iPhone.
- Open Watch App.
- Choose My Watch Tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and choose Workout.
- Choose Auto Pause.
- Toggle off Auto Pause.
Fix 2: Enable Screen lock to protect from the unwanted tap
During the workout, any unintentional touch can also pause your Apple Watch, so I will suggest you to screen lock your Apple Watch which will protect your Apple Watch Screen from unwanted taps.
- From the Workout app screen swipe right.
- ‘Tap Lock to enable the screen lock.
- Once the workout is done, turn the digital crown in one continuous movement.
- After that, slide right repeatedly.
- Then tap end to disable the Screen Lock.
Fix 3: Make sure the watch is well Tightened to the wrist.
Your Apple Watch has the wrist detection feature, and by default, it stays on until you disable it manually.
Because of the Wrist detection feature, your Apple Watch will pause whenever it’s unable to detect your wrist.
So if your Apple Watch strap gets loosened then we will suggest you turn off the Wrist Detection feature so you can use the Apple Watch while working out without any issue.
But if your Apple Watch strap is in good condition, then we will not suggest you to disable the Wrist Detection because you may lose some Apple Functionality. Instead, you just make sure the watch strap is tight and well adjusted on your wrist.
Here is how to disable the wrist detection
- Go to your Apple Watch Settings.
- Go to Passcode Settings.
- From there disable the wrist detection.
Fix 4: Make sure you don’t wear the watch on top of any tattoos.
If the wrist detection is enabled on the Apple Watch, and you have a tattoo on your wrist and you are wearing the watch over it then it can interfere. As a result, Apple Watch will keep pausing.
So to get rid of the issue whether you wear the Apple Watch on the other hand where there is no tattoo, or you can disable the wrist detection.
Fix 5: Turn off workout reminder
Workout reminders can also create trouble, and if you choose the wrong option then workout progress can be completely erased.
So if in your case Workout reminder during the workout is creating trouble for you then we will insist you to disable it.
- Open your Apple Watch Settings.
- Tap Workout.
- After that disable the Start Workout Reminder and End Workout Reminder options.
You can visit here for more Error Code guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More