If you are trying to format an SD card, USB drive, or flash drive by using your Chromebook, then in this post, I am going to explain how you can format an SD card, USB drive, or flash drive with a Chromebook in a few clicks.
To format an SD Card, USB drive, or flash drive in your Chromebook, first insert it to the Chromebook, Right-click (two-finger tap on a touchpad) on your SD card, choose format, and confirm the request. Chromebook will start formatting your SD card, now you just need to wait till the formatting finishes.
How To Format SD Card (Memory Card), USB Drive, Flash Drive On Chromebook?
- Insert your SD Card or any similar external storage device to Chromebook
- Check for your SD card in the sidebar of your Chromebook
- Right-click (two-finger tap on a touchpad) on the SD card which you want to format
- Tap Format
- Confirm the format request by tapping OK
- You are done, Chromebook will start formatting your SD card
Note: If you are formatting a larger storage device, 64GB or 128 GB etc, then it can take a little longer time, so please keep petitions. Once the format is complete, your Chromebook will show a little notification on the corner of the screen.
FAQS | Frequently Asked Questions
If in case you are unable to format your SD card in your Chromebook, then you can use Chromebook Recovery Utility to completely obliterate the SD card, which will let you reformat your SD card.
If in case you are getting any issues while operating your SD card in Chromebook, then you should format your SD card.
Like This Post? Checkout More