If you’re considering subscribing to a hosting package and are looking at your options, you’ll be interested to learn more about A2 Hosting. \
This company is not as well known as its bigger brothers and sisters in the industry, but it’s becoming increasingly popular, offering its growing number of users many benefits.
We look at these in more depth below and answer some key questions about this hosting package and how it works in the real world to help you decide whether this is the hosting platform for you.
Key Features Of A2 Hosting
There is a slew of great features offered by A2 hosting. Here are the main ones:
1. Range of Hosting Options
With A2 Hosting, you can opt for Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Reseller, Email, cPanel, Turbo, and Web Hosting plans, to get the package that best suits your needs or that of your business. Shared Web Hosting, for example, will give you a range of features at a cost-effective price.
Alternatively, Reseller Hosting is an excellent option for those who want to earn additional revenue or to offer extra support to their clients.
Business, eCommerce, Blog, LMS, Personal, Agency, and Non-Profit hosting options can all be catered for, too.
2. WordPress Hosting
These plans can help ensure your site functions optimally, is safe, secure, and stable, and benefits from enhanced features and tools. Managed options are available, too, for even greater convenience.
3. Site Building and Migration
Users can access a site builder featuring easy drag-and-drop tools and free themes, allowing them to quickly create a professional-looking, well-functioning site.
Alternatively, A2 Hosting offers a free site migration for an easy and convenient switch.
4. Domain Registration and Management Options
As well as allowing users to buy domains, existing domains can be smoothly transferred to A2 Hosting.
The most commonly registered domain options are available, plus a range of additional domains, so you can find the one that perfectly reflects you or your business.
Pros and Cons of A2 Hosting
Now we’ve looked at the main features of A2 Hosting, let’s delve into the pros and cons of this package:
- Easy to use – even those with no experience will be able to get to grips with the software quickly.
- Incorporated site builder and domain name options to help you get up and running fast.
- The customer service offered – via the Guru Crew – is of a very high standard.
- Offers an impressive 99.9% Uptime Commitment.
- This option may deliver significantly faster speeds than other plans, which could positively impact your SEO rankings and boost your conversion rates.
- A huge range of options allows you to find a plan that fits you or your business best.
- Features many tools to help users secure a return on their investment.
- Scalability: with so many hosting options available, your package can easily grow with your business.
- It’s a ‘green’ option: A2 has partnered with carbonfund.org, signaling their support for renewable energies and ending deforestation. The company also has a FutureServe initiative in place, which helps offset its servers’ emissions.
- Still unsure? There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- There are restrictions on the features available on the cheaper hosting plans.
- No Windows-based server options are available.
- Domain names are not free on any plan.
- More expensive than many other hosting options.
How to Use A2 Hosting?
A2 Hosting boasts the Guru Crew – a crack customer services team on hand to help with any query.
There’s also a range of helpful online resources and guides to assist you with getting started and solving any problems you encounter going forward.
Start by assessing your requirements and the hosting package that would offer you the most benefits – customer care welcomes calls to discuss this if you’re not sure.
In general, it’s worth bearing in mind that the Shared Hosting Plan is usually best for small business sites, personal sites, or those which are expecting fairly light traffic.
The other end of the scale is Dedicated Hosting: customers choosing this option have sole use of a single server and all its associated resources.
It’s the perfect option for extremely busy sites and/or those that will be incorporating intensive software.
Once you’ve signed up for a hosting solution, you’ll have access to a user-friendly control panel that features all the tools you’ll need to set up and manage your site.
A2 Hosting FAQs
If you have a Plesk-based account, log in to Plesk and select Websites and Domains from the sidebar on the left. Near the top of the website management section, you’ll see the IP address displayed.
With regards to a cPanel account, log in to cPanel and look for the General Information section on the right-hand side of the screen; from here, select Server Information. In the Item column, you will now be able to view the Shared IP Address or Dedicated IP Address as relevant.
Yes – A2 Hosting can work with any operating system.
Turbo Plans feature 40% faster CPU performances, 3 x faster NVMe storage, and advanced caching capabilities.
There are a variety of different packages, which start from $2.99 a month.
A2 Hosting deploys a 24/7 monitoring service that continually scan for malware and other malicious threats.
Bandwidth is unlimited across all plans and packages.
A2 Hosting offers four different types of SSL certificates, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. These are the Basic, Premium, Advanced, and Enterprise SSLs. You can choose to buy a certificate for a period of one, two, or three years.
Yes, all emails go through a filter to help ensure spam doesn’t end up in your inbox and to protect you from malware and viruses.
A2 Hosting may not be the cheapest option out there, but when it comes to the features and tools on offer, the first-class customer support available, and the ability to easily scale, it could well be a great choice for your business.
For those who are unsure, the 30-day money-back guarantee is a great way to test-drive this option before committing.
Like This Post? Checkout More