The “Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV type” on Spectrum usually occurs when there is some issue with your network settings and configuration of the files.
Whenever your system fails to configure files or network systems this error comes on your screen. Once you are hit by this error, you will face constant network problems and your network connection will become unstable.
If you are struggling with this problem then in this post we are going to provide you with the best troubleshoots to fix the “Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type” issue on Spectrum.
How To Fix “Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type” On Spectrum?
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Router
- The Internet connection can also be interrupted by the poor performance of the router, as it is designed to direct the network signals to your device.
- To reboot the router, switch off the router by its power button or through the switchboard, now unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Plug in back the Power cable and restart the router to check if the problem has been resolved.
Fix 2: Check For Firmware Update
In case your router is not updated with the latest firmware, it can create issues like this. So it’s possible that there is any pending software update that you need to update in order to get rid of the issue.
Fix 3: Increase Timeout Value
Timeout simply means a duration in which users agree to wait for an operation on their system until the whole process gets terminated. If you want to increase the stability of the network connection, you should increase the timeout value, it will automatically increase the reconnection and provide stability to your system.
- Press Window and R keys simultaneously.
- As the pop-up appears type “Regedit” in the empty section.
- Now open Internet settings on your system.
- Look for “Receive Timeout”, and tap on it.
- Increase the Timeout value to 100.
- Once done, Save these settings.
- Then Restart the computer.
- Now go and check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 4: Make Sure There Should be No Coax Cable Line Splitters
- Check your Coax cable and make sure there are no splitters between the modem and ISP service box.
- If you find any splitters then you should contact Spectrum and use a good quality RG6 coax cable for your modem.
Fix 5: Refreshing IP Address with DHCP Renewal
With the help of DHCP Renewal, your IP Address will be updated and it will optimize the configuration settings by itself.
- Press the “Window and R key” to open the command box.
- A pop will appear on the screen, type CMD in the given field.
- Then press and hold Ctrl + Enter + Shift button.
- Then follow the command as it is shown and it will help you renew the DHCP.
Fix 6: Check If There Are Any Problematic Host Files
One of the major reasons for poor internet connection is the installation of bad host files, so if you have installed or transferred any bad or adverse host files in your system, it will certainly impact on your system and can interfere with your internet connection.
It is your responsibility to regularly check if there is any adverse host file in your system. If you find one make sure to delete it permanently from your system.
- Press Window + R keys simultaneously to open the command box.
- Once a pop-up appears, write down “system/drivers/etc/hosts” in the given field.
- If you find any websites listed in the results, Delete them because they might be interrupting the internet connection.
- Check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 7: Internet Settings
If there is no glitch on your system, and your WI-FI or Internet connection is fine from the provider’s end, then the first thing you should check is the internet settings on your system.
- Press the windows and R keys together.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” in the given field.
- Next visit LAN and Network connection settings.
- Uncheck the box which says “Automatically detect settings”.
- Then uncheck the box which says “Use a Proxy server for LAN”.
- Once done save the changes.
- Restart your device.
- Now check if the internet is working fine.
Fix 8: Use A Different Browser
The browser plays an important role while using the internet, it’s not only the browser but the platform you are using, some apps and browsers are outdated and have no updates so they play a negative role in your internet connection.
If you have tried the above-given troubleshoots and you are still facing the problem then try using a different browser.
Sometimes browsers like Internet Explorer, etc can create some network-related issues due to their outdated updates.
A new and different browser provides you with a different IP address and it will help you optimize better internet service.
Fix 9: Contact Spectrum
If you have tried all of the above-given troubleshoot methods and still the error is intact on your screen then this is the right time to take help from experts of the spectrum. To get in touch with Spectrum visit here.
Like This Post? Checkout More