If you find it a hassle to put down your credit or debit card details every time you make a payment while buying anything from Amazon, then gift cards have got your back.
These gift cards, pre-loaded with a specific amount of money, function somewhat like credit or debit cards but with extra benefits.
You can purchase gift cards up to $10000 and redeem your Amazon gift card for absolutely anything on Amazon.
One of the best ways to use your gift cards is to satisfy the movie lover in you through Amazon Prime Video. You can send these Amazon gift cards as presents to that lucky someone along with the recommendation of the Amazon Prime Videos that you think they’d like to stream into.
Using gift cards is really an efficient way to pay for your Amazon Prime Video Subscriptions or order movies available on the Amazon Prime platform.
For any video, you wish to stream, Amazon first uses up the Gift Card balance loaded onto your account and then proceeds to your primary payment method.
If you already have one, check if there is enough balance in your gift card. If there is not enough balance, you can simply reload your gift card balance as per your needs. Digital transactions can automatically be made through your gift card balance.
How To Pay Prime Membership By Amazon Gift Card Balance
Although a little disappointing as it may sound, but Amazon does not allow you to directly use Gift Cards to pay for your Amazon Prime membership.
Of course, it would be such a waste if we can’t use our gift cards to access the various benefits and services Amazon Prime has to offer.
After all, Gift Cards usually have enough balance to cover for one’s Prime Membership for a long duration. So here’s a little roundabout way to put these Gift Cards into action.
Making sure your Gift card has Enough Balance:
Since Amazon automatically prioritizes Gift Cards over credit or debit cards during transactions, you’d like to check if your gift card has enough balance before you proceed to pay for your Prime membership.
- To check your gift card balance, log into your account and either in the Accounts & Lists section, click on ‘Your Account’ if on PC or tap ‘Your Account’ after tapping the three parallel lines on the top left of the screen if on a mobile device.
- Click on ‘Gift Cards’ box for PC. In the case of mobiles, tap ‘Manage gift card balance’ under the Amazon Wallet section.
- You will be re-directed to a page where you can view your gift card balance.
How To Buy The ‘Gift of Prime’:
- Log into your Amazon account and go to the Amazon Prime page
- Go to ‘Give the gift of Prime’ page.
- You will receive two options: 3- month and 12-month plans. Choose any one of them you wish to go for as per your gift card balance.
- Select the ‘Add Prime to Cart’ option
- You will be directed to another page. Select the ‘Proceed to Checkout option
- In the recipient’s email box, type in your Amazon Prime Membership login email ID. Check that the delivery date is according to your own preferences.
It is suggested to set the delivery date 1 or 2 days before your membership or trial ends. Doing so, saves you from any delay or disruptions in your membership that might occur when you receive the ‘Gift of Prime’ email and redeem your gift card late.
- Click ‘Save gift options’ on the right side of your page.
- Select the ‘Use this address’ button.
- In ‘Place Order’ section make sure you review your order before you select ‘Place your order’ button.
- Place your order to continue.
Amazon automatically uses your gift card balance to pay for it. However, if the price of Gift of Prime is more than your Gift Card balance, then the remaining payment will be paid through your credit card or debit card, i.e to whichever your gift card is attached to.
So make sure your gift card balance is loaded enough to meet the requirements for the transaction if you do not wish to pay for Prime Membership through your own money.
You will receive an email once you are done placing your order within a few minutes.
How To Use The Gift of Prime
- You would’ve already received the ‘Gift of Prime’ email. Open it to check the details on how you can redeem your Amazon Prime gift card.
- Select ‘Start enjoying Prime’ and sign in to your account.
- Verify your account information by clicking on ‘Continue’, and you are all set to use the Gift of Prime you’ve so gifted yourself.
Avoiding your Credit or Debit cards from being charged:
Amazon Prime will be charging your credit or debit card when your membership ends. In order to prevent that from happening, you would want to cancel your membership altogether.
Go to ‘Manage Prime Membership’ page
Click on ‘End membership’. Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your membership, and you will receive a confirmation email on your cancellation.
FAQS | Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Amazon Gift Cards may expire one year from their date of issuance unless you redeem them within this duration.
No, there is no limit to the amount of gift cards you want to add to your Amazon account.
No, Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Gift Cards cannot be resold.
Some of the ways which you can gift someone Amazon gift cards are through email, text message, Print at Home, or mail gift cards on Amazon.
Like This Post? Checkout More