Xiaomi phones become highly popular among users due to its unmatched build quality and performance. Addiction of this brand is quite obvious as it has everything a user asks for, from social media to gaming, chatting, watching movies, and more.
Well, in other words it’s a perfect companion for people. We all keep our smartphone safe from all types of threats whether it’s online or offline. However, sometimes users encounter the unwanted problems of forgetting pattern locks.
Well, this situation can be tricky if you try too many times it will lock the phone and your perfect companion might need treatment to get unlocked. So, here we describe how to reset pattern lock in Xiaomi phones with different methods.
How To Unlock (Reset) Pattern Lock In Xiaomi Phones?
Method 1: Unlock Xiaomi Phone Via Mi Account
The device will warn you when you type the wrong password more than five times and ask you for 30 seconds to wait. Even after that, you failed to remember the password, tap on the “forget password” and enter your Mi account username and password to enter. In case, you have even forgotten the Mi account and password, follow the underneath’s steps:
- Take the SIM card out from your phone and install it on another phone where you can get the messages.
- Now enter the Xiaomi Cloud web and pick “Sign in with Mi Account”.
- Tap on “Forget password” next reset your Mi Account password.
Method 2. Unlock Your Xiaomi Phone Using Factory Reset
In case you don’t have a Xiaomi account, don’t need to worry as there is another way available to unlock the phone that is using the factory resetting of the phone. Though it will remove all the data from your phone so perform it after taking the effective precaution of your data. To factory reset your Xiaomi phone, follow underneath bullet points;
- Turn off your Xiaomi mobile phone.
- Hold and press the “Volume up” key and “Power” key altogether till the Mi logo appears on the display.
- From the recovery mode, tap the “Wipe Data” option
- Select “Wipe All Data” and check it.
- Once the resetting process is finished, move to the main menu and pick “Reboot” to reboot your phone.
- Now you can set a new PIN code for your Xiaomi phone.
Method 3. Unlock Your Xiaomi Phone Through Mi PC Suite
- First, download and install the Mi PC Suite application in your system
- Now open the Mi PC Suite
- Shut down your Xiaomi phone.
- Hold and press the “Volume up” key and “Power” key altogether. Now the recovery menu will appear.
- Hit on the “recovery “option
- Now connect your phone to the PC through USB data cable.
- After connecting, Mi PC Suite will detect your device and show your phone’s ROM version.
- Hit the “Update” button in MI PC Suite.
- A new window will pop up. Tap the “Wipe” button.
- Now your phone will restart automatically.
- Click the ROM button and then pick the ROM which you want to flash on your phone.
- Now press the update button to start installing the ROM. wait until the installation is done.
- Reset the password or lock screen pattern on your Xiaomi phone.
These methods are the tried and tested methods to unlock the pattern lock in Xiaomi phones. You must try any of the above DIY methods before taking your phone to the repair center. Hopefully, this guide will help you to resolve your concern.