Buying a VPN is a tough decision, like investing in any other commodity, which is probably what brought you here. This IProVPN Review aims to bring you clarity on how iProVPN works and whether it is the one you should invest in for your and your family’s network-level security and privacy.
The digital age has brought with itself several advancements without which life can no longer be imagined, but it also comes with its fair share of challenges. The main challenge is keeping your personal information safe from the hands of cyber-criminals who are always on the lookout for a fragile link, such as a lax security protocol that enables them to hack and steal network packets that are not intended to be open for unauthorized access.
A VPN is one way to protect your online presence, but how much is that effort worthy if the VPN itself is not reliable? iProVPN is a recent contestant in this race of the best VPN but hold that thought till you reach the end as there may be a few surprises that make it worth the effort.
Note: every VPN review is a gem and hence has different elements, and the results vary depending on how the review was conducted. For example, the speed of a VPN is usually determined by the speed of the tester’s internet.
The relevant laws of the country in which the VPN is registered also plays a role in its privacy provisions and unblocking abilities. Some VPNs are great for torrenting because of speed and bandwidth, but they leak data and may cause privacy breaches. And so, we have investigated multiple factors to ascertain whether iProVPN holds up to its promises.
iProVPN: What do we know so far?
Before delving into the details of iProVPN, let’s take a look at a few points that will be covered in this review.
- How reliable is the no-log policy of the British Virgin Islands where the iProVPN headquarters are located?
- Do the 150+ servers in more than 20 countries work with popular and coveted streaming services like Netflix US?
- Is iProVPN really a VPN for privacy? Does iProVPN live up to its privacy and security claims?
- How prompt and helpful is their 24/7 live chat?
- What data does it collect? How does it use the data?
Native Country Of iProVPN
The iProVPN’s core infrastructure is based in a privacy-friendly location of the British Virgin Islands; this region qualifies for the list of safest jurisdictions in the world.
You may wonder what the location has to do while contemplating a VPN, and you’ll be surprised to know that it is quite essential for user privacy.
Suppose your VPN is located in the 14-eyes region. In that case, government agencies, intelligence organizations and research companies can use your data, promote censorship, practice online surveillance, and share your data with other countries, which is why there is an emphasis on location.
As far as iProVPN is considered, it is based in The British Virgin Islands. This region has a local court which does not require any tech company by law to log, record, share or forward users’ information and their online activities.
A VPN must be built on a robust foundation that provides military-grade protection. This is the only way to secure your data, connection, device, and more. The many features that iProVPN offers in terms of security are:
- Encryption standard: it operates on the best 256-bit AES encryption that keeps your device secure at all times. This is the highest standard in the industry as yet and used by several money market organizations.
- Split-tunneling: this can be used on several devices and is great for adding selected websites or apps through its encrypted tunnel.
- Kill switch: with this feature, your information will not be exposed for even a second in case of accidental disconnection from the VPN. It automatically turns off your internet connection keeping you safe and risk-free. That’s why we are expecting iProVPN to soon become a part of best risk-free VPNs in the market.
- Smart connect: this is an added perk that isn’t security-related, but worth mentioning to torrenteers and die-hard streamers. This feature connects you automatically to the fastest and nearest server depending on your server location.
Additional built-in features:
- DNS/IP leak protection
- Malware protection against known malicious domains and websites
- Ad-blocker to keep annoying ads and popups at bay
- Unlimited bandwidth to support a seamless internet experience
- Multiple VPN protocols, including OpenVPN, IKEV2, L2TP, IPSec, and OpenConnect, that help boost speeds and keep your online adventures safe, secure and user-friendly.
Our Take on iProVPN’s Privacy Claims
iProVPN comes in handy for users who want to research geo-restricted websites or streaming services in countries with high surveillance. Luckily our tests proved that iProVPN offers airtight protection without any DNS.IP/webRTC leaks.
iProVPN for Streaming and Torrenting
Will the use of iProVPN allow you to relish this decadent age of golden television?
Yes! It will.
iProVPN has a fair-enough no. of servers spread across 20 countries. Also, the developers are adding more to the list. Upon testing whether it works with subscription-based streaming services, we found out that it was able to unblock the Netflix US library. Also, it works with:
- Disney Plus (US and UK)
- Amazon Prime
- AE TV
- Comedy Central
- HBO Now
- Food Network
iProVPN is also designed with torrenteers in mind. It supports P2P file sharing systems and offers superb speeds to exchange large files on popular torrenting platforms.
The need for speed is of the essence when it comes to streaming and seeding torrents. On several instances, your internet provider slows down the speed and limits your bandwidth which is referred to as ‘ISP throttling’. A VPN that can bypass these issues and actually make streaming pleasurable is certainly worth looking into. Because iProVPN can fairly route internet traffic, there is no question on its ability to block speed throttling.
There are as many devices as there are a number of people in a household, which makes the compatibility of a VPN an important aspect. VPN should be available on a range of devices and routers along with multiple-device connections simultaneously. Luckily iProVPN allows connection to 10 devices at a time with a single subscription and has dedicated apps for various devices, including:
- Smart TVs
- Gaming consoles
All the apps are user-friendly, and users can connect to their preferred servers on taps of buttons. However, there is one thing to note: when users utilize the browser proxies (available for Google Chrome and Firefox), only the traffic exchanged through these browsers is encrypted. While for apps, they can encrypt all the traffic exchanged between devices.
There are some factors that you may need to check other than location when it comes to the reliability of a VPN service.
- No-logs policy: its policy claims that it does not keep any logs, and all they keep themselves is your email ID which is used for billing purposes.
- 24/7 chat support: most users need round-the-clock assistance, which makes chat support vital when choosing a VPN service. The iProVPN chat support is pretty reliable and prompt. Users have two options to contact the customer support team: either via the live chat or the support email ID.
The cost of a VPN service allows you to get a clear idea of what to expect and at what rate. The price of iProVPN will establish what you get and whether or not it is within your range. So there are three plans available with iProVPN:
- Monthly: $10
- Yearly plan: makes upto $2.9/month
- Biennially plan: makes upto $2.1/month
So the prices are certainly attractive, especially in comparison to other VPN services. The one-month plan is the most expensive, but with their free trial, you can assess its usage and suitability and opt for either of the two plans, which allows you to save major money.
There’s also a 30-days money-back guarantee, so you can rest easy and cancel your subscription if it fails to perform according to your expectations.
Considering that iProVPN is relatively new in the market, it has proven to be decent in its performance. There are no doubt a lot of upgrades required, which can only be assessed over time. From the results that we have seen, the security is optimal. It is able to unblock popular streaming apps with stable and steady speeds. The best encryption standard, P2P compatibility, unlimited bandwidth and knowledge-base are sure to look out for.
Here you can find more Software & App Review.
Like This Post? Checkout More