Recently users have started getting the error while activating Prime Gaming and the error says: “Oh no! We can’t enable Prime Gaming on your account.”
If you are also having this error then below in this post you can find possible workarounds for the error.
How To Fix “It Looks Like There Was An Error Activating Prime Gaming”?
Fix 1: Make Sure Your Credit Card Has Funds
While activating Prime Gaming you need to complete the payment authorization process where you will get charged 2$ – 3$ (which will later get refunded).
So if your card/account doesn’t have at least 3$ to 4$ to complete the authorization process then you are likely to get this error.
Many people use virtual cards to use amazon services for free, so make sure your card has some funds in it to complete the payment authorization process otherwise, you are likely to get this error.
Fix 2: Try Other Payment Related Workarounds
- If you are using saved cards in your Amazon account then consider deleting all the saved cards, and then re-add the one from which you need to make the payment.
- If the error still occurs then try using a different payment method or card.
- Also, keep in mind that Prime Gaming no longer accepts prepaid cards. So in case you are using any prepaid cards then consider using any other eligible card.
- Also, keep in mind that your billing address and zip code for your card (what is registered with your card issuer) should match.
Fix 3: Make Sure You Live in an UN-eligible country or territory
The next thing you need to check is if you live in eligible countries & territories for Prime Gaming or not.
If not, you are likely to get this error.
Suppose you are registered for Amazon Prime membership (US version) while you live in a non-US country such as the EU. In this case, you will get this error because you need to activate Prime Video memberships, not Amazon Prime membership.
So you need to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, and need to activate your Prime Video subscription.
For more help, you can contact Amazon support to clear your doubts. Or you can also visit this article.
Fix 4: Try Swapping VPN
During our research, we found that for some users using a VPN was causing the error. But on the other side for some users using a VPN fixes the error.
So if you are using a VPN then consider disabling them and check if it works. And in case you are not using any VPN then you can try one.
Fix 5: Contact Amazon & Your Bank
If the error still occurs then get in touch with Amazon Support to find out what exactly happening which is causing the error.
And if Amazon support confirms that the error is coming from your card issuer’s side then contact them and report the error.
Like This Post? Checkout More
- How To Fix Netflix Error Code 10002?
- How To Fix “Red Dead Redemption 2 Activation Error”?
- How To Fix Netflix Error X1-X8b6d3?
- How To Fix Netflix Error Code M7701-1003?