If you are getting location not available on Find My Friends, then we are going to tell you what it mean and how to fix it?
- The problem of Find My Friends Location not being available for friends could be caused by several factors, including:
- Your friend’s device may be set to the incorrect date.
- Your friend’s phone is turned off or isn’t connected to the internet via cellular or Wi-Fi.
- In Find My Friends, your friend turned on Hide My Location.
- Your friend had turned off Location Services.
- Your friend isn’t using Find My Friends on the gadget that is being tracked.
- This feature is not available on your friend’s device because they live in a country or region that Apple does not provide.
- There are a few minor issues with your iPhone.
There is a slew of other factors that could contribute to this issue. So, how do you fix it? The steps below will show you how to fix the Find My Friends location not available issue using traditional methods.
What To Do If Getting “Location Not Available” on Find My Friends?
If the Find My Friends app location is not available, here are some additional suggestions to help you solve the problem.
Tip 1: See if Find My Friends is available in your region or country:
Tip 2: Disable GPS or Location Services and then enable it again:
Enable GPS & Location Services after confirming that the characteristic is available in your area. Unless you’ve already facilitated the feature, disable it, exit the app, and then enable it again.
It might help you with the place not found the problem you’ve been having with Find My Friends. To turn the feature on or off, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the bar to turn the feature on or off.
Tip 3: Change the date and time on your iPhone:
As we mentioned in the possible causes section, incorrect dates and times can also cause this issue. If you manual process set the time and date, go to General Settings and change the setting to “Set Automatically.” When the Find My Mates place is not found, ideally this will resolve the issue.
Tip 4: Do some research on the internet:
Check your connection to the internet before concluding that something is wrong with the Find My Friends app. Because your iPhone does not provide internet access, it is possible that the location will not be accessible.
Try turning on and off Mobile Data/Wi-Fi in Settings > Mobile Data/Wi-Fi. Along with that, whether you’re using mobile service or a Wi-Fi network, make absolutely sure you have good signal strength.
Tip 5: Enable the “Share My Location” feature:
Once your friend’s location is unavailable, another option is to make sure you’ve enabled the Share My Location feature. Follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and go to iCloud Settings. You’ll see the “Share My Place” function after clicking on the “Location Services” feature.
- Toggle the option on to make it active. Once you enable the function, your friends will be able to see your location, and you will be able to see theirs.
- Go to “Settings” > “Additional settings” > “Privacy” > “Location” > “Location mode” to enable it for Android users.
Tip 6: Restart your iPhone or Android device:
When Find My Friends tells you that your location isn’t available, the next step is to restart ones phone. The method is popular for most devices. However, the steps for iPhone X and 11 are slightly different.
Press and hold the Power button until the curveball appears on other iPhone models. To get the slider to appear on screen on the iPhone X and 11, press and hold both the Volume and Power buttons at the same time.
Wait for the gadget to shut down by dragging the Power slider to the right. Wait a minute before restarting the device, and the feature should start working normally again.
Tip 7: Check to see if your friend has signed up for Find My Friends
Verifying that your friend has registered into the app is another way to resolve the Find My Friends place not found issue. It goes without saying that if ones friend hasn’t signed up for the feature, you won’t be able to see where he or she is.
Log in to the Find Friends app and turn on the location tracking feature.
Tip 8: Close and reopen the Find My Friends app:
When the Find Friends location is unavailable, the last but not least useful tip is to exit the app. It’s possible that you’ve encountered the issue as a result of a temporary issue or a random glitch.
Before reopening the app, make sure the cache memory has been cleared. It has the potential to completely resolve the issue.
The Bottom Line
That’s all there is to it for how to resolve the “Find My Friends Location not available” problem; the solutions are listed above; hopefully, one of them will work for you. By the way, don’t forget to try our fixing tips– iOS System Recovery if you have any iOS/iPadOS or iTunes system issues.
You can visit here for more Error Code guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More