Error code 1008 with Netflix is a known error, and as per the official information shared by Netflix the error mainly occurs on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPad, or iPods touch.
The reason behind the error is the information stored on the device which needs to be refreshed.
The error says,
There is a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again later.
If you are having this error while using Netflix then below you can find all the details which you required in order to resolve the error.
How To Fix Netflix Error Code 1008?
Fix 1: Logout And Restart The App
- Tap Profile from the top right corner, and in case you can’t find the Profile option then tap More from the bottom right corner.
- Then tap Sign out.
- Then tap Yes.
- Then Close the app.
- Then Wait for around a few seconds, and Relaunch Netflix.
- Then tap Sign in, and enter your account credentials.
- Check if the error still occurs.
Fix 2: Restart Device
For iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later
- Quit the Netflix app.
- Then press and hold either volume button or the side button, and wait till the power-off slider appears on the screen.
- Then you need to Drag the slider.
- Then Wait for around 30 seconds till your device powers off.
- Then Wait for around 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then press and hold the Side button till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Then Relaunch Netflix, and check if the error persists.
Note: If you are using any other model of iPhone then can visit this official guide by Apple to find the steps to restart your phone.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet
Next, you need to check if your internet is having some kind of problem.
- If you are using phone data then turn on and off the flight mode.
- If you are using a home wifi network then power off your router by plugging the router power cable from the wall outlet, and then restart the router.
- Next, go to any internet speed test website and check if your internet speed is a minimum of 2 to 3 Mbps or not.
- If possible also try connecting over any other internet connection, be it any other wifi connection or mobile hotspot connection.
Fix 4: Reinstall App
- Close the Netflix app.
- Then Uninstall Netflix from your device.
- Then Restart the device.
- Then go to your device’s App store and Re-download the App.
- Now check if the error still persists.
Fix 5: Contact Support
If the error still persists then you should get in touch with Netflix support to have further assistance.
- Visit here, and you can choose the option to contact Netflix by call or live chat.
- Or from the Netflix app tap the Help from the top right corner, and choose between the Call or Chat button.
Like This Post? Checkout More