According to the official statement by Overdrive, users may face Error Code 1060 while downloading Title from Onedrive, due to connectivity issues such as slow Internet connections or an unstable Network.
This Overdrive Error Code 1060 can be fixed with a few simple troubleshoots, stick to the article to fix this issue.
How To Fix Overdrive Error Code 1060?
Fix 1: Check your internet connection
As mentioned above, the primary reason for this error code is slow internet or Network issues. So check your internet speed and connection first.
For Mobile Connection
If using a mobile connection, open another app to check the internet connection and speed i.e. Youtube, Instagram, and other apps.
Check if you are facing the issue on every app or only on Overdrive. If you are facing the same issue on every app, Turn on/off the internet connection multiple times and check if it works or not.
You can also Restart your Mobile to give it a fresh start, it has worked for multiple users to refresh the internet connection. And check Overdrive once the device is started properly.
For Home Wifi Users
If you are using a wireless connection, then power cycle the Router to establish an Internet connection.
- Turn Off your Router and unplug the power cable.
- Wait for a minimum of 1 minute.
- Now plug in back the power cable and turn on the Router.
- Connect the device to wifi on which you are using Overdrive.
- Open the overdrive and check if the error code has gone or not.
Fix 2: Double Check Public Wi-Fi Networks
If you are using Overdrive in a public place with the help of Public WI-FI such as a Restaurant or cafe then double check your connection if you are properly connected or not.
Most of the public Networks provide very low speed due to congestion or multiple users at a time.
Even many public networks require you to sign in before using, and on multiple occasions, you can only use the internet if you accept the terms and conditions of that connection.
Once you have ensured everything, open Overdrive and check if the error code has vanished or not.
Fix 3: Switch Networks/Internet Connection
Switching the Networks may help you to get rid of this problem.
If you are using a local network or a mobile network that you use regularly and facing this issue then you should switch the network connection.
You can connect to a different WI-Fi network, or you can also share the Hotspot network with your friends.\
Switching networks will help your device to establish a good internet connection and you can continue downloading the title without any error code on your screen.
Fix 4: Disable VPN
Sometimes VPNs can also play culprit so if you are using a VPN on your device then try disabling it to check if it’s the reason behind the error.
Most of the VPNs on mobile phones operate through an app, so to disable it, access your VPN app and choose disconnect or disable.
Fix 5: Clear Overdrive Cache and Cookies
You may also face connectivity issues, or error codes on overdrive due to a Corrupt cache and data. To fix this issue you may need to clear all of these corrupt cookies and data which are interrupting your app’s performance.
- Press and hold the Open drive app icon.
- Select the App info option.
- Click on Storage to reach out to the cookies and data.
- Now clear the cookies and data one by one.
Note: If you are using Overdrive on your iPhone then you can skip this process as the iPhone doesn’t require it.
- Quit Overdrive.
- Clear your browser cache & cookies from the settings.
- Relaunch Overdrive.
- Login to your account.
Fix 6: Uninstall and Reinstall OverDrive App
If your Internet is working fine and you have also checked all the troubleshoots then Uninstall the Overdrive app and reinstall it.
- Press and hold the app icon, select uninstall from the options or drag it to the trash icon.
- Once the app is uninstalled, restart your device.
- Now go to the app store and download the Overdrive app.
- Then sign in/log in to your Overdrive account.
- Try downloading any title to check if you got rid of the error code or not.
Like This Post? Checkout More