Playstation Error code wc-40383-8 usually pops up when a PlayStation user is unable to connect to recently released online games. If you are one of those users who is getting this error on your PlayStation console then stick to this post till last to fix this problem.
Possible Reasons For The PlayStation error wc-40383-8
- PlayStation Network Server is down.
- There is some temporary glitch with PlayStation.
- Your internet is having some issues.
- Playstation needs an update.
How To Fix The Playstation Error Code wc-40383-8?
Fix 1: Check if PlayStation Network (PSN) is under maintenance Or Having An Outrage
- The error code WC-40383-8 usually occurs when the Playstation server goes under maintenance or has an outrage. And this affects almost all online games on Playstation.
- Go here and check if PlayStation Network (PSN) is under maintenance Or having an outrage.
- If the PlayStation Network server is under maintenance or having any outrage then you need to wait until a green flag comes out from the Playstation maintenance team.
Fix 2: Power cycle Your PlayStation
Some temporary glitch with the Playstation can also cause this error. In this situation, you should power cycle your PlayStation. And to do that follow the steps given below.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Let it rest for 1 minute, it will help PSN drain out the remaining power and give it a fresh start.
- Plug back in your power cable to the wall outlet after 1 minute and start your Playstation.
- Let it start properly and then relaunch your game to check if the error code wc-40383-8 is gone or not.
Fix 4: Power Cycle The Router
Error code wc-40383-8 can also occur due to unstable or slow internet, in such cases check your internet connectivity and its speed.
To check internet connectivity, connect any other device with your Wi-Fi and check if it’s working or not.
If you find that your internet is not working or internet speed is relatively low then power cycle your router by following the steps given below.
- Unplug the router Power cable.
- Let it unplug for 1 minute to drain out the remaining power.
- After 1 minute, plug in the power cable.
- Restart your router, and let it boot up properly.
- Then check if the internet is working properly or not.
Note: If power cycling the router doesn’t fix the issue with the internet then please contact your ISP.
Fix 5: Check for Playstation For Any Pending Software Update
PSN error wc-40383-8 can also occur if you have a pending update software update. And if you find any pending updates then please consider updating Playstation.
- Go to Playstation settings on your device.
- Now scroll down and choose “System software update”.
- If you find any pending update, install it right away.
- Once the update is done, run the PlayStation.
Fix 6: Rebuild Database
- Turn off your Playstation.
- Now use a USB cable to connect the Playstation 4 Dualshock and 4 controllers.
- Now press and hold the Power Button of your PlayStation for 7 seconds, and wait for the 2nd beep.
- On the 2nd beep leave the power button, And press the PS button on the controller.
- It will let you access the safe mode.
- Then click on Rebuild Database.
Fix 7: Contact Playstation Support
If you have tried all the given troubleshoots but still getting the error then please contact PlayStation Support for better help and advice.
Like This Post? Checkout More