Plex Playback error is one of the common errors which says “An unexpected playback problem occurred“.
If you are also having this error then below in this post you can find possible workarounds to get rid of this error.
How To Fix Plex Playback Error On Samsung TV?
Fix 1: Make Changes To Allow Insecure Connections Settings in Your Samsung TV App and Server Settings
If the Plex app has started troubling your Samsung smart TV while connecting to a Media Server after September 30th. Then it’s happening because of changes made by the Plex.
Here you can read about the update made by Plex.
On September 30, 2021, some older smart TVs (some Samsung, LG, Vizio, Hisense, and other unsupported TV platforms) will no longer be able to use secure connections to communicate with Plex Media Servers. These devices are no longer supported by their manufacturers, and won’t be receiving an update needed to continue making secure connections to a personal server. You’re receiving this email because you’ve recently used a Plex app that may be affected by this change.
If your TV is on the same network as your Media Server, and you haven’t made changes to your secure connection settings, this change should have no impact on your experience.
To resolve the error on your device, you need to make sure that both the app and the server are set to allow insecure connections: on the TV app.
- Go to your Samsung TV Settings.
- Go to Advanced.
- Then select “Always” for Allow Insecure Connections.
You need to ensure the same for your server: go to Settings > Network > make sure secure connections is set to Preferred.
Note: Once you are done with the above changes, restart your Samsung Smart TV.
Fix 2: Turn Off Cinema Trailer
If you are using the Cinema Trailer feature on your Plex app while watching videos on your Samsung TV then try disabling the Cinema Trailer option, and then check if it resolves the error or not.
Many users have reported Playback issues with the Plex while using the Cinema Trailer feature.
So go to your Plex app settings, and turn off the Cinema Trailer feature.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet Connection
If the error still continues then check your internet connection.
- Restart your router.
- Once your router restarts, connect your phone or laptop to the Wifi. Please make sure that it’s the same wifi network to which your Smart TV is connected.
- Then go to any internet speed test website and check your internet connection speed.
- Try performing the speed test 2 to 3 times to confirm if you are having the same speed level with all the tests or not.
- If in case your internet speed is slow, or unstable then this is causing the error. And you need to contact your ISP to resolve this issue.
Fix 4: Try Other Workarounds
- Power cycle your TV by turning off your Samsung TV for at least 5 minutes, and then power it on.
- If in case you are using a VPN or proxy then consider disabling them.
- If you have recently made any changes to your DNS then revert back to the default DNS settings.
- Make sure you are using the latest firmware version for your Samsung Smart TV, and Plex app.
- If the error still continues then get in touch with the Plex Support
Like This Post? Checkout More