Recently we noticed that many Roblox users were reporting Error Code 266 with Roblox which accompanies with “your connection has timed out, Check your connection and try again”.
If you are also getting the same error then in this post we are going to provide you with possible troubleshoots to fix the Roblox Error Code 266.
Reasons For Error Code Roblox 266
- You may be playing the game after a while and that’s why it takes longer to respond.
- Your internet is very slow.
- There can be some problem with the device on which you are playing Roblox.
- Roblox has outdated firmware or is looking for a new update.
- Roblox has gathered corrupt cache and data.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 266?
Fix 1: Reload Roblox
- If you get Roblox Error code 266 as soon as you start the game, then try to refresh the game.
- Close the game and wait for a minute, and then restart the game. Doing this will give a fresh start to your game and may help you get rid of the issue.
Fix 2: Restart the device
- If reloading doesn’t help you solve the issue then restart the device. You need to restart the device on which you are using Roblox
- Restarting the device will help your device wipe out bugs that may be causing this error.
- Once your device is restarted completely, launch the game and check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 3: Power cycle your router
The issue can also come if your internet is facing any issue. So we will suggest you to power cycle your router.
- Unplug the Power cable of the Router from the power outlet.
- Wait for around 1 minute so it can drain out the remaining power from the device.
- Then plug back the power cable back into the power outlet and let it boot up properly.
- Then reconnect the Roblox device to the internet and check if the error has gone or not.
Fix 4: Switch Network
- The issue can also occur due to the Network provider, so you must try to switch to the networks to check if it solves the issue.
- Disconnect the current Network connection and try to connect to some other networks. Once you have connected to the new network, check if Error code 266 has gone or not.
Fix 5: Check for internal server errors
- Roblox Error code may occur due to some internal server issue. So go here to check if there is any scheduled maintenance or Roblox server has any outrage.
- If there is any server maintenance or the Roblox server has any outrage then wait till the issue is resolved by the Roblox team.
- You can also raise this outage issue with the Roblox customer support team to fix it earliest.
Fix 6: Check update For Roblox
If your Roblox is frequently interrupted by errors and other software issues then it can happen due to outdated firmware on which your Roblox is running. So we will insist you to check the update for the Roblox, and if you find any pending update then please consider updating it.
Fix 7: Clear Roblox Cache & data
- Error 266 may occur due to accumulated corrupt data on your device, so it is suggested to clear all the cache & data for Roblox to check if it fixes this issue.
- The method of clearing the cache is different on every device, so google the exact steps to clear the cache for any app on your device.
- Once you are done with clearing the cache & data, run the game on Roblox and check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Fix 8: Contact Roblox
If none of the given troubleshoots works for you then you should contact the Roblox team for better help and advice. Maybe they have any specific updates about this error code.
Like This Post? Checkout More