Is your Samsung TV remote not working?, or turning your TV on by itself? Or Is the red light on your remote flashing randomly? If you are facing any of these issues with your Samsung TV remote, then in this post I am going to tell you the possible fixes for the Samsung Remote TV.
If your Samsung Remote TV is not working and flashing randomly, then there can be many reasons for the issue. But most likely your Samsung Remote gets unpaired itself from the TV. To Re-pair the remote to the TV, press “Back Button” + “UP button” at the same time for 10-20 seconds.” Or Press and hold the “back/return” + Play Button simultaneously for more than 5 seconds.
Other possible fixes to solve Samsung TV remote red light flashing issue,
- Change your remote battery.
- Make sure there is no obstruction between your TV and remote.
- Check if any of your remote buttons are not Stuck.
- Power-cycle your remote control.
- Power-cycle your Samsung TV.
- Use the SmartThings app or any other remote app as a remote.
How To Fix If Samsung Remote Red Light Is Blinking Randomly & Not Working?
1. Re-Pair Your Remote To TV
Yes, it’s possible that your Remote unpair itself from your Samsung TV, and in order to fix the issue you have to re-pair your remote to the TV.
Here is how to re-pair Samsung Remote To TV?
- Press “Back Button” + “UP button” at the same time for 10-20 seconds.”
- If the first method doesn’t work then Press and hold the “back/return” + Play Button synomtensly for more than 5 seconds.
2. Change your remote battery
Your remote’s red light can still blink after the battery is dead. So before going into a long troubleshoot, please consider changing your existing battery with a new one.
- Simply remove the old batteries.
- Insert new batteries.
- Check if it fixes the issue.
3. Make sure there is no obstruction between your TV and remote
When there is any small or big object in between your TV and remote, your remote will blink red lights but it will not be able to provide the signal to your TV.
So make sure there is no obstacle in between the TV and remote. Also, go nearby the TV and check if your remote is working from less distance.
4. Check if any of your remorse buttons are not Stuck
This happens with the old remotes, due to dust sometimes some buttons get stuck to themselves. Or any of the buttons stop working due to the dirt, grime, and oxidation.
First clean your device by blowing with your mouth, or any blower. Then try to press each button multiple times. Many times pressing buttons multiple times is enough to dislodge the remote button to stick.
5. Disassemble The Remote And Clean It
If your TV remote is too old, and there is no warranty left then you can try doing this. It may fix the issue.
- Disassemble your remote with a screwdriver after removing your batteries.
- Clean your remote from the dust and any oxidation.
- Once your remote is clean, assemble the remote, and check if it’s working or not.
6. Power-cycle your remote
- Remove batteries from your remote.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 20 seconds.
- Re-Insert the batteries.
- Check if now your remote is working.
7. Power-cycle your Samsung TV
It’s also possible that your remote is fine and there are some temporary issues with your Samsung TV. So try power-cycling your Samsung TV to test if this is the reason for the issue.
- Unplug your TV from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the Power Button for around 60 seconds.
- Re-insert the TV power plug into the power outlet.
- Check now, if this resolves the issue.
8. Your Remote Hardware Is Damaged
Above we mentioned all of the common fixes for your Samsung Remote, but if none of the solutions works for you then there is a huge possibility that any of your remote hardware has been damaged.
You can visit any nearest electronic repair shop, who knows maybe they can fix it. Otherwise, order a new remote.
9. Use SmartThings app or any other remote app as a remote
Nowadays our smartphones are capable of controlling our TV like a remote. If you have a Samsung phone then there will be a pre-installed app called “SmartThing”. You can also use the SmartThing app as your TV remote control.
Or there are many other remote control apps available for both Android and IOS which you can download from the Play Store.
Using a remote control app is very easy, just download them and follow the instructions provided by the app.
You can visit here for more Error Code guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More