Electronic Devices are prone to glitches, which can be anything related to screen blackout, slow processing, and even with powering on.
Sanyo TV is no exception in this case and it also faces the challenge of not turning. In this article, we will discuss the possible troubleshoots to fix the issue of “Sanyo TV won’t turn on”.
Why Sanyo TV won’t Power On?
- There are some temporary issues with Sanyo TV.
- There are some issues with your TV remote.
- Connected cables to the TV may get damaged or loosened.
- There are some issues with the power outlet.
- You may have chosen the wrong input source.
How To Fix if “Sanyo TV Won’t Turn On“?
Fix 1: Power Cycle Sanyo TV
- Power cycling simply means draining out all the power from your device and giving it a fresh start.
- To power cycle the device, unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds while your device is unplugged, it helps to drain out the remaining power in the capacitor.
- Let it rest for 1 minute and then plug in the power cable back to the outlet.
- Now press the power button to turn on the TV.
- Let it boot up properly,
- Now check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 2: Check Your Remote
- If the power cycle doesn’t give a boost to your Sanyo TV then there can be some issues with your remote.
- Grab your Remote and pull out both the batteries
- Now press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds.
- Now you can put the batteries back and if your battery is old replace them with new batteries.
- Once you have inserted the battery, press the Power button and check if the TV is turning On or Not.
Fix 3: Check All The Cables
- Power cable and other cables connected to the TV can be a culprit behind this problem. So in such a case check all the cables carefully.
- Pull Out all the cable and check from one end to another if it is damaged or faulty.
- If it is damaged then you should replace it with a new wire.
- If cords have no damage then check carefully that if any cable is loosened.
- To confirm unplug all the cables connected to the TV and plug them back securely and tightly.
Fix 4: Factory reset Sanyo TV
Factory reset With Tv Remote:
- Tap the Home button on your remote.
- Now go to the Settings.
- Then tap Advanced system settings.
- Tap Factory reset.
- hen tap everything.
- It will ask for a four-digit code, enter the code given on the screen.
- Wait till the TV finishes the Factory Reset process.
- Once Factory Reset will finish your TV will restart.
factory Reset Without The TV Remote:
- To reset the TV without a remote, look for the reset button given on the TV either on the back side, or at the bottom side of your TV.
- Use a pen or any other narrow-end device to press the button.
- Once the Sanyo TV logo appears on the screen, release the button.
Fix 5: Try a different power outlet
- Many times we don’t even notice short circuits in the power outlet or they fuse.
- So try to plug in the TV power cable to another outlet.
- If you are not having any power outlet near to the TV then you can use an extension board.
- Power on the device after plugging into a new outlet. If your TV turns on then there must be an issue with the outset.
Fix 6: Choose Correct Input Source
- Your Sanyo TV is not turning on due to incorrect input sources.
- Input source plays a very important role in your TV, so check if you have selected the correct input source.
- Whatever streaming device you are using, be it a streaming device, DVD player, or cable set-top box, confirm your TV source/input matches the number of HDMI ports being used.
- For example, change the TV to HDMI 2.
You can use the following given methods to select the correct input source:
Enable Input Source using a Remote Control:
- Switch on your TV and let it start properly.
- Press the Source button on your remote control to change the input source.
- Select the right input source for your TV and confirm the change to resolve the issue.
Change Input Source without Remote Control:
- Kindly Turn on your TV and let it start properly
- Navigate and click on the MENU button on the side or bottom of the TV
- Now use your volume button given on the TV to navigate the source option.
- To select the input source press the menu button on the TV.
Note: Many TVs have a source button at the back or at the side of the TV screen which can be used to select the right input source.
Fix 7: Contact Support
If still, you continue to get the error then there are chances that the error may be related to the hardware. So in this case you should contact Sanyo TV support.
Like This Post? Checkout More