Are you trying to take screenshots on your Lenovo laptop and really don’t know how to do it then in this post, I am going to tell you how you can get a screenshot on your Lenovo laptop.
There are different ways to take screenshots on the Lenovo laptop, and the process of taking the screenshot can also depend on your windows version, such as Windows 7, 8, or 10.
In comparison to the previous version, Windows 10 has a much simpler process to take a screenshot.
How to screenshot on Lenovo With Windows 10?
You just need to tap and hold the “windows key” and then tap the PrtSc key. You can see some movement on the screen, like your screen will dim for a moment, it means your screenshot is captured. You can find your screenshot in a separate Screenshot folder under the files.
Tap & hold the windows key & then tap the W key, (this will open some options in the sidebar)
Choose ScreenSketch from the options given in the sidebar
You can simply tap save, or you can also edit your screenshot before saving it.
There is another way to take screenshots in Windows 10, you can use the Snipping tool. The best part of this tool is that it let can let you a screenshot of an open window, a rectangular area, a free-form area, or the entire screen.
In both of the two above given methods, they screenshot the entire screen, and you don’t have any other options. But by using the snipping tool, you can decide which area of your screen you want to capture.
- Simply tap Windows logo key + Shift + P, or tap start search for Snipping tool
- Tap new
- Tap select the window you want to capture
- Select the area of your screen which you want to capture
- Your screenshot is done
- You can simply tap save, or you can also edit your screenshot before saving it.
Which Of These Methods Are Good?
If you are just required to simply take a screenshot, then please use the first method, but if in case you want to customize your screenshot as per your requirement, then use the second or third method because they let you customize your screenshot in the same windows.
How to screenshot on Lenovo Which Has Windows 8 Or Previous Version?
- Tap PrtSc (Print Screen) button to capture the screen
- Open Paint or any of the similar software
- Use paste function (CTRL + V) to paste the captured screenshot
- At last, simply Save the screenshot, or make the changes by using the paint tools before saving it.
How to screenshot on Lenovo In Browser?
If you are trying to screenshot something in your browser, then you can use “Screenshot browsers add ons” which lets you capture & edit your screenshot.
How To Add Screenshot Add Ons To Browser?
- Simply go to your browser addon extension store, and if you don’t know where to find it then simply search it from your search engine.
- Search for the Screenshot Addons
- Select any of addon and add to your browser
- You are done, just use the addon to take screenshots in your browser without worrying about your windows version.
What Are the Best Screenshot Browser Addon For Chrome or Other Chromium-Based Browsers?
Most of the peoples use Chrome to access the internet, I use Chrome too, here I am mentioning some of the best screenshot browsers add ons for Chrome or Other Chromium Based Browsers.
- Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder
- Scrnli Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder
- Screen Capture
Take Screenshot In Lenovo laptop With Third-Party Software
There are many paid & free third-party software applications for windows which let you the screenshot.
Once such software is Snagit, but do you really need any third-party software to screenshot your screen? I don’t think so, I am a normal internet user, and in my opinion, the inbuilt screenshot feature of your laptop is enough.
But still, if there are certain screenshot requirements which are unable to perform by the inbuilt screenshot feature, then yes, you can try third-party screenshots or similar software.
Note: All of these given methods are also applicable for Lenovo Thinkpad, Ideapad, and other models to take screenshots.
FAQS | Frequently Asked Questions
How to take a screenshot on a ThinkPad & Ideapad?
If you are using windows 10 & above, then you press “Windows logo key + Shift + P” to open the snip tool to take a screenshot, or you can also press “Windows Key + PrtSc key” which will automatically screenshot your entire screen and save the file in screenshot folder.
Where Can I Find My Screenshot In My Lenovo Laptop?
Go to your files and check for the folder with the name of the screenshot or something similar. You can also take the help of the Search to locate your screenshot folder to find all of your captured screenshots.
Like This Post? Checkout More