During our research, we have found that the error code 16 can occur because of so many reasons, and you have to try different troubleshoots in order to find the one fix which helps you resolve the error.
Below we are going to mention all of the solutions which you can try to fix Sims 3 Error Code 16.
How To Fix Sims 3 Error Code 16?
Fix 1: Try This Trick
This solution is shared by one user on Reddit who claimed to fix the error by following the below-given steps.
Simply you need to move the camera or unpause the game for a few seconds.
Fix 2: Clear The Bad Folders
The next thing you can try is to clear the bad folders.
- Go to the documents.
- Find the folder where sims3 is saved.
- Then click saves, and delete the bad folders.
Fix 3: Deactivate All Mods
If you have installed any Mods for the Sims 3 then they can also let you to this error.
So you need to remove all the mods you have installed for the Sims 3, and then check for the error.
Fix 4: Clear Your Cache
The error can also occur because of old or corrupted caches.
So clear all the game caches and then check if you still have the error or not.
Fix 5: Clear Storage Space
If the error persists then make sure that your device has enough storage left.
If your device storage does not have enough space and your game is too large to load then follow the steps given below.
- Go to Documents.
- Go to Electronic Arts.
- Select The Sims 3.
- Choose Saves.
- Choose Currentgame.sims3 folder.
- Now delete all packages with the extension .package (don’t worry as deleting these files will not affect your gameplay.)
Fix 7: Update Your Drivers
If the error still persists, check if your driver needs to be updated if yes then consider updating it and then check if updating the driver fixes the error or not.
Like This Post? Checkout More
- How To Fix Sims 3 Error Code 12?
- How To Fix Sims 4 Error Code 102?
- How To Fix Sims 4 Error Code 109?
- How To Fix Warhammer 40K: Darktide Error Code 2001 / Nonexisting_channel?