If you are a Sky Q subscriber and have been recently faced with the Sky MR104 Error Code, to which you need a solution at the earliest. Then, you have definitely landed up in the right place.
Now usually, whenever you see the following MR104 Error flashing on your screens. Then chances are that it might be caused due to any of the following reasons:
- Connectivity issues with your Home network
- Wifi router range limitation
- Configuration problem with Sky booster device
- Standby mode set to Eco
Below, I have listed in front of you all the possible solutions out there, with the help of which fixing the MR104 Error Code on Sky Q should not be difficult at all.
How to fix Sky Error Code MR104?
Fix 1: Restart or Power Cycle the Sky Q boxes
Restarting or power cycling your Sky Q boxes should be the first thing you must do while troubleshooting the MR104 Error Code on your respective Sky Q devices.
Power cycling your Sky Q box devices in actual is rather very simple and involves only a couple of steps as shown below:
- Firstly, switch off the device and plug off the device from the main power supply.
- After 30 seconds, plug back the device back to the power supply and switch on the device.
- Once the device has come back online, see if the error still persists.
Fix 2: Change the placement of the Sky Q boxes to optimum position
You can also try changing the placement of the mini Sky Q boxes with respect to the Main Sky Q box, so that there is no obstruction in between the boxes and the distance is minimal.
Try bringing the mini Sky Q boxes as close as possible to the main Sky Q boxes, up until you reach a distance or position which gives you the optimal signal and as a result also helps solve the error message.
And even though by any chance following the given step or method does not solve the error. Still, it is always a good idea for the mini Sky Q boxes to be placed at the optimal position with respect to the main Sky Q box, to be able to avail the best signal and results.
Fix 3: Make use of Sky Booster device
Boosters are ideal for big houses, as the usual Sky Q boxes cannot receive and transmit signals as strongly and efficiently as needed. This in turn might give rise to errors such as the MR104.
Hence, in order to prevent such an error from showing up, because of poor signal strength between boxes. It is advised that users make use of Sky Booster devices if it is deemed necessary.
Moreover, it is also important that you place the Sky Booster devices in such a way that it is at optimal position and giving the best results.
Fix 4: Reset Mini Box’s Network Settings
Resetting your Mini Box device’s Network Settings can also prove to be a good solution to help fix the MR104 error message.
To reset your Mini Box’s Network Settings. You can follow the steps as shown below:
- Go to the Mini Box’s Settings menu from the Home screen.
- Inside Settings, go to and select the Setup option.
- Under Setup, click on the Network option and then after enabling Status, click on the Reset option to the right.
- Then, follow the instructions shown on the screen and once the WPS indicator starts flashing, press on the WPS button within 2 minutes for the device to reset.
Fix 5: Change Frequency Band to 5 GHz
Depending on which internet service you may be using or what kind of router you have installed, you should take the help of their respective helpdesk or customer support, and change the frequency band from a 2.4 Ghz channel to a 5 Ghz band channel.
Fix 6: Change the Standby Mode
Although, the eco mode on your Sky Q box helps cut down on power usage. As a result, it might also lead to connectivity issues giving rise to such an error from showing up.
If that is the case, then changing the mode from Eco to either Active or None might help fix the issue.
To do so, you can follow the steps as shown below:
- Press on the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
- Then, go to Settings and select the Setup option.
- Next, under Preferences, head to Standby Mode and choose any of the following modes: Active or None.
Like This Post? Checkout More