You may face the SSL handshake failure issue when your LG Smart TV’s browser and server are unable to establish a proper connection. And there can be various reasons behind this error such as wrong date & time, pending firmware updates, internet issues, etc.
Fixes For SSL handshake failed Error on LG smart TV
Fix 1: Check Your Device Date And Time
The first thing you need to do is make sure that your device is showing the correct date and time.
Simply go to your Smart TV settings, and check if your device is showing the correct time or not. If not then correct the date & time, and then check for the error.
Fix 2: Check Update For TV
The next thing you need to do is check if your device has any pending firmware updates.
Most of the time the SSL error occurs because of the TV’s outdated firmware version.
So go to your device setting and check if there is any pending firmware update available for the installation, if yes then consider installing the update and then check for the error.
Fix 3: Restart The Internet And TV
If the error still persists even if your device time & date is correct, as well as if your device is updated with the latest firmware version. Then try restarting your internet and your Smart TV.
- Power off your TV and internet, and make sure to unplug their power cord from the wall outlet.
- Now wait for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Then restart the internet and TV.
- Then connect your TV to the internet, and check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Try Configuring the browser to the latest SSL protocol
- Open your browser.
- Then visit your browser settings.
- Then go to the advanced option.
- Then go to the system option and tap open proxy settings.
- Then go to the advanced tab under the security section.
- Now check if you have checked the box of TLD 1.2 or not, if not then checked the box.
Fix 5: Contact LG TV Support
If the error still doesn’t go away then you need to contact LG Smart TV support and report this error. They may ask you for some information, so provide them all the information they need and let them handle the error.
Like This Post? Checkout More
- How To Fix Now TV Device Limit Error?
- Fixes For Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5266 On Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, & Other Devices.
- How To Fix Plex Playback Error On Samsung TV?
- How To Fix Netflix Error Code Tvq-St-122?