Government has made it mandatory to link your Aadhar and PAN card, for all your financial work and Tax returns. So, If by any chance you fail to link your Aadhar and PAN card, then you won’t be able to file your returns.
If you have already applied for linking PAN and Aadhar and have doubts over its status of linking, then this article will help you to check if your Aadhar and PAN are Linked.
Here’s how to check if Aadhar and PAN are Linked?
Follow the steps below to check the status of PAN and Aadhar linking.
- Visit official website of Income tax www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadharstatus.
- Search and go to “quick links” and click on ‘Link Aadhar’ option.
- On top of the page click on ‘click here’ pop up button to check your Aadhar linking Status.
- On next page enter your Aadhar and PAN number for confirmation.
- Now click on ‘view link Aadhar status’.
- If you have requested for Aadhar and PAN linking, you will receive an SMS saying “your Aadhar is linked with PAN card”.
- It also shows the last 4 digits of your Aadhar.
How to Check PAN and Aadhar linking via SMS?
You can also check the status of your PAN and Aadhar linking by sending an SMS through your registered number. Just follow the given process.
- Go to the message box, write a new message UIDPAN(space)<12digitAadhar number>(space)<10Digit PAN>.
- Send this message to 56161 or 567678
- If you have linked your PAN and Aadhar already, text will come showing its status “PAN and Aadhar is linked”
- If a request for linking is not given, then it will ask you to “link your PAN and Aadhar” to perform financial transactions and File taxes.
- So by any chance if you miss linking your Aadhaar and PAN number, you can simply follow “How to Link Aadhar and PAN card”.
For More Finance Related Posts Visit here.
Like This Post? Checkout More