In the sea of dating apps, it is very hard to find the relevant ones. If you have tried eHarmony, chances are that you joined because you are looking for a more serious relationship. Their matches are based on compatibility tests that you take and new matches are provided every day.
If you are on this blog though, that means that either you are not satisfied with the platform or do not need it anymore. Many people have a problem with the fact that you do not have access to the match’s pictures unless you sign up for a premium. If you are in the LGBTQA+ community, it is hard to find matches on this site.
Whatever might be your reason, if you are looking to delete your account on eHarmony, you can follow the steps down below.
Thing To Note Before Deleting eHarmony account
Before you can make a decision to delete your account on any site, you should know what are the consequences that come with deleting your account. For the sites that you have a premium or paid subscription on, you should pay special attention to such accounts when you are deleting them.
Here is what you should note.
- If you have an active subscription on eHarmony, you should contact customer care for the appropriate steps before you cancel your account. They will help you with the decisions regarding your subscription and the subsequent deletion of your account.
- You will lose all the personal data and the account data on the deletion of your account
- You will lose all of your matches and conversation with the matches that you had on your account after you delete the account.
- Your matches will not be able to locate your account or contact you.
If you are okay with everything that is listed above, you can move to our next section where we discuss how to delete your account.
How to Delete eHarmony Account?
- Log in to your account on eHarmony with the correct credentials.
- On the top of your account profile, click on the arrow that is placed next to your profile picture.
- On the dropdown menu that appears, click on Data and Settings.
- Navigate to the tab that is named Profile Status.
- Click on the link, To Permanently Delete Your Account, click here.
- You will see a page. This is the confirmation page.
- Enter your password when prompted to confirm that you want to delete your account.
- Your account will be deleted.
How To Temporarily Hide eHarmony Profile?
If you do not wish to lose your data and just want to stop using the account for a while, you can choose to hide your account.
It will work the same way as deleting your account with the added perks that all your data will be safe and you can log back in whenever you wish to do so.
Here is how you can do it.
- Log in to your account with the correct credentials.
- On the arrow shown next to the Profile picture, give a click.
- The Data and Settings menu appears on the dropdown menu.
- Click on Data and Settings.
- Navigate to the section that says Profile Visibility.
- Turn the toggle off.
- Your profile will be hidden.
The only catch with this option is that the people that you have already matched with or had a conversation with, will still be able to locate you.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
No, once you delete your account, you cannot get the account back. That is why it is always advisable to take the decision of deleting your account after a lot of thinking. You should look into the possible losses that occur after you delete your account and only take the plunge when you are ready. You should also always take a backup of all the important data before you delete any account.
You can visit here for more Smart Devices guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More