Aadhar is a substantive Identity card, which works for you in multiple ways, that includes your ID, resident proof and even help you do banking and tax related activities as mandated by the GOI.
Before using it for above given activities, it is good to verify it online to check if details are matching your profile, and to do that you can use the steps given below to verify an Aadhaar Card.
How to verify an Aadhar Card?
There are two ways to verify your Aadhar, one is through UIDAI official website of Aadhar and another is Official App of UIDAI.
Method 1: Through UIDAI official website
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ official website of UIDAI.
- Go to the ‘My Aadhar’ tab once on the website, and click on ‘Aadhar services’.
- Now click on “Verify Aadhar Number”.
- New page will open, enter your Aadhar Number, which consists of 12 digits, Then enter Captcha code.
- Now click on ‘proceed to verify’.
- On the next page if your Aadhar Number is valid, you would get a text “ Your Aadhar number” exists, and it also shows you your personal details.
- If entered Number is wrong, it will ask you to enter the right details, on the same spot where you have entered 12 digit Numbers.
- If it is not opening with your details, then Aadhar verification is Negative.
Method 2: Through M-Aadhar app.
- To proceed verification through app first Download M-Aadhar app.
- To download the app, visit Google play store and download the Aadhar app.
- Open the app, and register your Mobile number for OTP and other verification in case you need the same.
- To register you have to add a 4 digit pin, so that you can visit to check all your Aadhar details on the app.
- If you have made a profile, you can verifyAadhar using the mobile applications.
- To check in app, open the application and click on ‘verify Aadhar’.
- Enter 12 digit Aadhar number and 4 digit security code displayed on the page.
- Now click on ‘Submit’.
- Now if your Aadhar number is active you will receive a message ‘This Aadhar number is Active’ Under the message it also gives your details like, age Band, gender, and other Aadhar details.
- If your Aadhar number is not active, you will be shown a text ‘ Invalid Aadhar num’ after you click submit.
Why should you verify Aadhar?
- The 1st reason to verify Aadhar is to check personal details and numbers if they are intact.
- As Aadhar is mandatory for Bank and Tax files returns it should have proper details.
- Even to take privileges from govt schemes, the Aadhar details need to be right.
- At last, a verified Aadhar ensures no hassle in identity documentation.
For More Finance Related Posts Visit here.
Like This Post? Checkout More