Watching videos actually soothes our mind and helps us relax, be it on a laptop or TV. There are multiple platforms on which we can watch live video, movies, and web series.
What, if you are watching a movie on your Chromebook and suddenly your screen flickers. The same movie becomes your headache and you look for solutions.
It can be a hardware issue, but as laptops basically function on software, there are some settings which you can try to fix this issue. In this article we will have the look at possible ways to fix Chromebook screen Flickering When watching videos.
Note: Before you move ahead with software fixing, try to check if any cable attached to Chromebook is not loosened.
How to fix If Chromebook screen Flickering When watching videos?
Fix 1: Check Cord Or Adapter
There can be cord or adapter issues, or you can check if the inserted USB or Flash drive is not damaged. If not then go ahead and learn how to fix software issues.
Fix 2: Disable hardware acceleration
- Launch Chrome and go to this location: “chrome://flags”.
- Now go to search bar and type “Hardware accelerated video decode”.
- Once it is open “Click” on the drop down box on the right side of it.
- Once it is open Click on (Disable) to change its status.
- Now click on the ‘Relaunch’ below right side and hold on till browser restart.
- Now go and play video to check if the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Use open GL as ANGLE graphics backend.
Note: This method is used when the load on CPU and GPU is considerably higher.
- Open chrome on your Chromebook and go to “Chrome://flags”
- Now go to its search bar and below given address. ‘Choose ANGLE graphics backend’.
- Click on the ‘Default’ on the right side of the page, and click on ‘OpenGL’ from the drop down menu.
- Last click on ‘relaunch’ at the bottom right side of the page and wait till browser restart.
- Once it is restarted, check if the flickering issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Contact Manufacturer
If your chromebook is having flickering issues due to software or settings issues then it will fix all issues, but if issues persist then visit the manufacturer or service center to get it checked.
You can visit here for more Error Code guide.
Like This Post? Checkout More