There have been several new updates on the Facebook app and website. The options that were once easier to access, have now changed places. It is sometimes difficult to find the settings in the newer places. Also, the options are different on different devices depending on you are accessing it on PC, Android, or iPhone.
If you are feeling uncomfortable with some connection on your Facebook account, read the steps below to unfriend the particular connection on different devices.
How To Unfriend On facebook By using mobile app (Android & iPhone)?
On the updated interface of Facebook, you can use two different approaches to unfriend someone on Facebook using the mobile app.
Method 1: From your personal Friend list
You can visit your friend list to see a list of all your Facebook friends and follow the mentioned steps to unfriend the connection you want.
- On the top right corner, you will see a hamburger icon to reveal a list of options related to your account
- Click on the option named Friends
- Click on All Friends. This will open a list of all the Friends you have on your account
- Next to each name, you will see (…) click on this to see options related to the connection
- Scroll down to the option that says Unfriend (Connection Name)
- The person will be removed from your friend list.
Method 2: From the Connection’s Profile
You can also visit the page of the person you wish to unfriend and follow the steps below to remove them from your Friend list.
- On the Facebook app, click on the Search icon
- Search for the name of the Friend you wish to remove
- You will be redirected to the Profile page of the particular Friend
- Next to the Message option, you will see a profile icon. Click on it
- A list is revealed. Scroll to the bottom to find the option saying Unfriend
- The connection will be removed as a Friend.
How To Unfriend On facebook By Using PC?
If you are using your PC and have opened the Facebook website, you have to go through a different procedure to unfriend someone.
There are again two options you can choose from.
Method 1: From your Personal Friend List
- Visit this link to go to the Facebook website.
- Log in to your account.
- On the top right corner, you will see your profile picture. Click on that
- From the different options, select the option, Friends.
- On the Friend list, scroll down to the person you wish to Unfriend.
- On clicking the Friends option beside their name, a drop-down menu appears related to actions for this connection.
- Select Unfriend
- The connection will be removed
Method 2: By visiting their Profile
- Log in to Facebook by following this link
- On the search bar, look for the person you want to remove from your friend list.
- You will be redirected to their profile
- Next to the Message tab, you will see a Profile option
- On clicking the Profile icon, you will see a drop-down menu.
- Select Unfriend.
FAQ’s | Frequently Asked Questions
No, Facebook removes the person from your Friend list anonymously. There is no notification sent to the person that you unfollow. Therefore, the other person does not get to know about the action that you performed.
If your profile settings are set to public, then the person you unfriended can still see your posts and access your profile. If you do not want this to happen, you can consider blocking the person.
Like This Post? Checkout More