If you recently moved to a new place and want to update your location on your HDFC Bank then in this post I am going to tell you how you can do this.
To change your address in HDFC Bank you can access your Internet Banking, or you can also visit your nearest HDFC Branch, or you can post the required documents to the HDFC Branch.
What kinds of documents are accepted as the address proof in HDFC Bank?
Below we are providing the list of the document which are accepted by the HDFC Bank as address proof. You are just required to have any one of them in order to change your HDFC Bank address.
Also, keep this in mind that whatever document you use it should contain your current address so the bank can verify the address.
- Voter’s ID.
- Driver License.
- Aadhar Card.
- Job Card issued by the NREGA and it should be signed by an officer of the state government.
How To Change/Update Address In HDFC NetBanking?
Method 1: By Using HDFC NetBanking
- Go to the HDFC Netbanking login page.
- Login to your account.
- Tap Profile Details from the top right side.
- After that tap Update Address from the left sidebar menu.
- From the bottom of the screen tap Update.
- Enter your new address on the right columns.
- After that Upload A duly Signed copy of address proof scanned copy.
- Review the form that you fill in all the required information.
- After that tap Submit.
- You are done.
Note: If you are HDFC Bank Internet Banking user then this is our recommended method to update your address because it doesn’t require you to visit your branch or post anything to the HDFC office.
Method 2: By Visiting Bank Branch
If you are not very comfortable with internet banking then you can also visit your bank branch to update your address. You just need to visit your HDFC Bank branch with the required address proof document scanned copy.
- Go to your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- Ask them that you want to change your address.
- They will ask if you have the required address proof document.
- After that they will give you the address update form.
- Fill out the form given to you and attach the required address proof scanned copy.
- Review the form that you filled all the required information.
- Submit the form to the HDFC bank employee.
- You are done.
Method 3: By Using Post Or Courier
Note: If you have access to the HDFC Internet Banking or bank’s branch then we will suggest you avoid this method because it’s a little lengthy.
HDFC bank also gives their customer the option to change their address by post or courier too.
- Go and fill out the HDFC Address Change Application Form.
- Print the completed form.
- Attach your signature and self-attested valid address proof scanned copy to the form.
- Send a request through courier, post, or bearer to the nearest HDFC Bank branch.
FAQS | frequently Asked Questions
It can take 7 working days to update your bank address, once it’s done you will receive an email from the HDFC Bank on your registered email ID and mobile number.
Once your address will successfully get updated, you will receive an email on your registered email ID from the Bank as confirmation that your address is changed now. Also if you enabled SMS banking for your account then you may also receive the SMS once the address is updated.
In an age of technology where every bak activity can be done without visiting the bank so it’s not mandatory to change your address wherever you shift to a new location. But if you shifted to a new location for a long time then our suggestion will be to update your address because if your Bank Needs to send you anything, then they will send that thing to the address which is mentioned on your bank account.
It can take around 7 working days to update your bank address.
Yes, if you are an HDFC Bank joint account holder then you are required to apply separately for address change.
For More Finance Related Posts Visit here.
Like This Post? Checkout More