Since, you are already here. I believe it would be safe for me to assume that you are already quite familiar with what a VPN is or what it does.
The only question you might be looking for to get answered would be “How to use a VPN with your LG smart TV?”. Just so that you can stream your favorite shows from any part of the world and anywhere in the world.
But, before we go into discussing how to get a VPN working on your LG Smart TV, I believe there is one more question that needs to be answered first.
For those of you who are still wondering whether a VPN can be put on your LG smart TV or not. The answer is a simple “YES”. And although, you cannot actually put in a VPN into your Smart TV. There are certainly ways with the help of which you can use a VPN with your LG smart TV to view and stream all your desired content without having to worry about somebody peeking into your watch history or privacy.
And hence without any further ado, let us dive in straight to the part where we get all the business of setting up a VPN and using it with your smart TV started and worked out.
How To Install VPN On LG Smart TV?
Method 1: Install a VPN on Your router
So, the very first method you should try out is installing a VPN on your router itself. Although, this may not sound so easy when you first hear about it. Trust me, it is not that difficult as well as the benefits you will reap from it will far outweigh whatever effort you might have to put in to set it all up.
Here, you can either go for a pre-configured router from the place you bought it from or configure it once you have connected it to your home internet network. But, in any case before you get a router for yourself, it would be a good idea to first visit your desired VPN’s official website and look out for which routers are supported or are compatible with the VPN app you are planning to use.
Once you are sure that the VPN of your choice is well supported with the router you are getting for your home. Simply follow the steps as shown below:
- Firstly, you will need to download a VPN firmware for your router. You can simply head to the official website of your VPN and look out for a firmware that can be downloaded onto your router.
- Next, connect your router to your Internet connection and install the VPN firmware from its official website.
- Then, configure your router with respect to your VPN with the help of your phone or your PC.
- Each VPN or router will have their own way of configuring them. You can go to their official sites to know how to set-up a VPN on a particular router.
- You can refer to the following guide article on, “How to Install a VPN on your Router” to get a good understanding on how to go on setting up your VPN router on your own.
method 2: Sharing a VPN service with your LG Smart TV
This is actually a much more simpler and direct way where you can use your PC to directly share your VPN service with your LG smart TV device. Just follow the steps as mentioned below and you are good to go.
- Download and install the VPN software on your PC and run it.
- Then on the VPN app, choose the server or location you wish to connect to and click on the connect or OK button.
- Next, depending upon what OS your PC is using, go to the Settings or Sharing option and click on the Mobile Hotspot option or turn on the Wireless Hotspot option.
- Once that has been done and a Hotspot has been created. Then try to connect your TV to the Hotspot connection you just created now and Voila! You can now stream your favorite shows as you desire.
Method 3: Mirroring Smartphone device with VPN to your LG Smart TV
One other very simple and easy method with the help of which you can easily stream inaccessible content on your LG Smart TV would be by mirroring a smartphone device with VPN on to your LG Smart TV.
- For this you will first need to download the VPN app onto your smartphone device.
- Then, just as you did earlier, go to the country or region section and connect to the desired server of choice.
- Next, set up the mirroring option on your Android or iOS smartphone device and then click on the Screen Share option on your LG smart TV home screen.
- Once it is successfully connected and mirrored, you can directly use your smartphone device to stream content and mirror it to your LG smart TV.
How To Change region on LG smart TV using VPN?
Well, once you have it all set-up and running like in all the different ways as shown above. Next, you will most certainly need to change region on LG smart TV using VPN.
And as a matter of fact that is exactly what you need the VPN in the first place for. For any kind of streaming service, TV shows or content not allowed in your country. Using a VPN to change your current location to one where such shows and content is allowed lets you view them quite easily and conveniently.
Now, there is no rocket science behind how you can go on changing your location using VPN. You would just simply need to open up the app on either your Smartphone device or on your PC and change the location to any of your preferred country or a country where the show or content is streamed and Voila! You are all good to sit back and enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies.
Best VPNs for LG Smart TV and router
Below, I have just shortlisted a few of the top VPN apps and services out there with the help of which streaming your favorite TV shows online even though inaccessible in your region or country is all quite easily and safely possible.
What to look for while choosing a VPN for your LG Smart TV?
1. Check If it’s compatible with your LG Smart TV OS or other device OS
This is the first and foremost thing to look out for when selecting your VPN app or service to be used with your LG smart TV. The more compatible and supported a VPN app is with respect to your LG smart TV, the better the streaming experience.
2. Check If It Provides good download & upload speeds
Depending upon the compatibility and other factors such as the number of servers or distance between you and the VPN server and so on, the speed of your connection may greatly vary. These are quite technical, hence it would be best to stick to the ones I have shortlisted for you in the list above.
However, if you are open to learning about VPNs and how to use the best one out there as per your own research, that is always a good idea and there is absolutely no harm in trying out the countless old and new options out there to find the absolute best fit for you.
3. Check If It Grants access to the desired streaming platforms
This is something which is as equally important as compatibility between your VPN and your router or other connected device. If your VPN service does not support the streaming service of your choice. Then obviously it is not worth spending on it. Right?
Hence, it is very important that you check whether all the streaming apps of your choice are well supported and granted access by the VPN app you are planning to install and use.
4. Check If It Comes with a good customer support and help desk
Well, there is no point in opting for a service or product if it comes without a good customer support or help desk. And similarly, even in the case of VPN services or even routers, this is something you must definitely look out for when opting for either two.
When configuring or setting up your VPN service or router device, there may be times when you will need to seek help from the provider itself. In that case having a good heping desk and customer service can be of great help to setting it all up without much of a hassle.
5. Check if It Has Good number of user base and an up to-date development team
The more users a particular service or app has, the better. This is because when it comes to solving random problems related to your VPN or router. The more people you can consult and ask for help, the better your chances to solve it more quickly and efficiently.
Moreover, having an up-to-date development team is just a bonus as you can be sure then that any kind of new bugs or problems you may face in the future would be taken care of at the earliest.
Like This Post? Checkout More