Are you noticing yellow light on your Verizon router? And confused, what is it? And what should you do? If yes, then in this post we are going to tell you what you should do when you see Verizon Router Is Flashing Yellow Light.
The yellow light on your Verizon router simply indicates that your internet connection has been lost, there is no Internet connection.
How to Fix If Verizon Router is Flashing Yellow Light?
Fix 1: Power Cycling The Router
Whenever you face any challenge with your internet connection, the first thing you do to fix the issue is, Turn off/on the device so your router can power cycle.
- Turn Off the router by unplugging the power cord.
- In case your router is supported by any inverter or backup battery, shut that down too.
- Now wait for one full minute and let it sleep.
- After one minute, Turn On the router by plugging in the power cord and let the router boot up by itself.
- If the yellow light change turns solid white, it means that the internet connection will also be restored.
Fix 2: Check If Your Router Is Overheating
If your router is not responding properly, you are facing internet interruption and low internet speed are a few indicators that your Router may be overheating.
- Simply check your router if it’s overheating.
- A simple way to cool down the router is to disconnect the power supply to the router.
- If your Router is powered by battery backup, shut it down from there too.
- Then relocate or place your router near a window or open space where it can have sufficient airflow.
Fix 3: Soft Reboot Your Router
You can try a soft reboot of your router to stop the yellow light flashing. To reboot, “Press and Hold” reset button at the back of your Router, pressing it for 3 to 5 seconds. Once your Router Restarts, it will again show white light while it reconnects.
Fix 4: Check Your Broadband and Ethernet Cables
If for some reason your Broadband and Ethernet Cables get damaged or loose then you can also face this issue. So we will recommend you to check your router cables for any possible damage or if they may get loosened.
- To check optic cable or internet cable look at the backside of the Router.
- Now check from one end to another to look for any damage or fault.
- The cables can create issues if they are pretty old, so replace these cables with a new ones.
- While you are checking damage on your cable but also check if any cable is loose or not.
- In case you find any loose cable, unplug it and then replug it.
Fix 4: Unplug ONT and router
ONT is a terminal box, without which the Fios router can not use the internet. So power cycling the ONT and router can also help you fix the issue.
- Now unplug and turn off the Power to ONT and router.
- Now, wait for 2 minutes.
- Now power on the ONT and wait till it shows the Green lights.
- After that power on the router.
- Once the router is fully powered on then check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Give Your Router a Factory Reset
If all the above-given methods don’t work, go for Factory Reset. This Is the best solution if the normal troubleshooting doesn’t work.
Note: Performing a factory reset will erase all the settings and data from your router.
- To factory reset your Router look at the backside of the router, and you will find a reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Now restart the device and check if the Yellow light is still showing up.
Fix 6: Check If the Router Is connected to ONT
Check for the last time, that your ethernet cable is fully and properly connected at the right spots and they are not in damaged condition. And Fios router must be connected to ONT via cat 6 ethernet cable.
If you find that your router is not connected to ONT then in this case you have to contact the Verizon support team so they can connect your Router to ONT.
Fix 7: Contact Verizon For Support
In this article, we have almost covered all the possible ways to fix this issue. If still, these troubleshooting methods don’t fix the issue then you must contact a professional. To contact Verizon you can call or mail to Verizon staff directly.
Like This Post? Checkout More