If you are trying to login to your Western Union account, but are prompted with the following Western Union Error Code c9999. Chances are that you are seeing the following error message as a result of server issues with Western Union’s own servers or some kind of connectivity issues preventing the client from connecting to the company’s servers.
Having said that, below I have tried to list all of the possible solutions out there, with the help of which you should be able to solve the c9999 Error message, pretty much by yourself and in no time.
How To Fix Western Union Error Code c9999?
Fix 1: Clear App Cache
Clearing your Western Union app cache should be one of the easiest and most effective solutions out there, if the problem is caused as a result of a temporary glitch or bug within the app.
For any kind of corrupted cache files or glitch that may be causing the following error to occur. Clearing the app cache should be enough to resolve the issue.
Hence, to clear your app cache on an Android OS platform. You can follow the steps as shown below:
- Go to your Android device’s Settings page, by either clicking on the Settings app or the gear icon.
- Then, under the Setting menu list, click and select the Apps option.
- Next, from the list of apps listed, click on the Western Union app and go to the Storage and Cache option.
- Click on the Clear Cache option from the Storage page and check if the error still persists when you try to launch the app again.
As for those of you using an iOS device. You can follow the steps below to clear up the app cache on iOS:
- Go to your device’s Settings app and scroll down to find the Western Union app.
- Once you find the app, click on it and on the next page toggle on the option for Reset cache on next start option.
- Then, launch the Western Union app and see if the error still occurs.
Fix 2: Update your App
If clearing up your app cache does not do the trick for you. Then, you can also try updating your app and see if doing so helps get rid of the error.
There may be times when an outdated app can also result in the following error to occur. And if that is what is happening in your case as well. Then, updating the app should be the best possible solution out there to help you fix the problem.
So, to update the app on either an Android or iOS device. You can follow the steps as shown below:
- Depending on whether you are using an Android device or an iOS device. You can head to your respective app stores (Google Plays Store or Apple’s App Store), and search for the Western Union app.
- From the results, click on the app to go to the app page. And if any updates are available, you should be able to see a green update button on the app page.
- Click on the update button and wait for a few seconds for your app to be updated.
- Once updated, check to see if updating the app helped take care of the error message.
Fix 3: Update your OS
Just like how updating the app might help fix the error message. Similarly, even updating your device or system OS, can also work wonders when it comes to solving the particular issue.
Hence, there is no harm whatsoever in updating your respective device’s system software and see if doing so helps get rid of the error message.
To update an Android OS, you can follow the steps as shown below:
- Go to your device’s Settings menu page, by either clicking on the Settings app or the gear icon.
- Then, scroll down and click on the System tab option.
- Next, click on the System Update option and click on the Check for updates option to search for any new updates.
- If any new updates are available. Then, click on the update tab and let your Android OS update itself.
- Wait till the system software gets updated. And once done, launch the Western Union app and check if the error still persists.
To update an iOS system. You can follow the steps as shown below:
- Go to the Settings option and tap on the General tab option.
- Under the General page, click on the Software Update tab option and tap on the Automatic Updates option.
- Under Automatic Updates, turn on the Download iOS updates and Install iOS Updates option.
Here, if any updates are available. Then, your iPhone device shall automatically download and install it.
When such an update is done, launch your Western Union app and check whether the error still persists.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
As a last resort, you can also try uninstalling the app completely from your device. And then, reinstall it back onto the device and see if doing so helps.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app, helps to automatically take care of all the above mentioned steps and turns the app good as new, just like when you had first installed it.
Fix 5: Contact Customer Support
If none of the above mentioned solutions worked for you. Then, it would be a good idea to directly contact Western Union’s official HelpDesk and ask them for their assistance to help you solve the issue.
Like This Post? Checkout More