Are you trying to find about the Mouse Acceleration feature on your Windows 11 device? If yes, then in this post, i am going to tell you, What Is Mouse Acceleration? & How To Enable or Disable It On Windows 11?
What is Mouse Acceleration?
Mouse acceleration is a new feature introduced by Windows in all recent Windows and the feature has returned in the new Windows 11. So, the Mouse Acceleration depends on two things, first: how fast the user moves the mouse, and second: how far the pointer of the mouse travels on screen.
Enabling the Mouse Acceleration feature enables the user to proportionally move the Mouse Pointer on screen depending upon how fast the user is moving the Mouse.
The Mouse acceleration feature is dependent on how fast the user is moving the Mouse and not on the distance the user is moving the mouse.
There are many benefits of Mouse Acceleration. Many tedious jobs like copy-pasting or performing simple office tasks can be made easier by enabling Mouse Acceleration. However, avid gamers are not fond of the Mouse Acceleration feature as it reduces the accuracy in first-person shooting games like CS:GO.
Also, the user may take time to get used to the sensitivity of the mouse after enabling the Mouse Acceleration feature. Hence, if you want to disable the feature of Mouse Acceleration on Windows 11 this article will guide you to disabling the feature.
How to Enable or disable Mouse Acceleration in Windows 11?
There are two methods for disabling the Mouse Acceleration feature on Windows 11.
The first method described in this article to disable Mouse Acceleration in Windows 11 is through the Settings App. To disable Mouse Acceleration using this method follow the steps given below:-
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 device.
- After opening the Settings app select the option labeled “Bluetooth & Devices” listed from the left side of your screen.
- Now, Scroll down and select the “Mouse” option to change the Mouse Acceleration Settings.
- In the Mouse Settings on your Windows 11 device, you will find an option “Additional Mouse Settings”, select it.
- A Pop-up window will appear. In the pop-up Window locate the option name “Pointer Option” in the tabs listed at the top.
- Now, just “Tick or Untick” the “Enhance Pointer Precision” option to enable or disable the Mouse Acceleration feature in your Windows 11 device.
The second method mentioned in this article is disabling the Mouse Acceleration feature using the Control Panel on your Windows 11 device. Follow the steps given below:-
- Open the Windows bar by clicking on the Windows button listed on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now locate the search bar and search for “Control Panel”.
- Open the Control Panel and select the option labeled “Devices and Printers”. The option will be mentioned below in the “Hardware and Sound” category.
- Now, Right-click on the mouse icon and select “Mouse Settings”.
- Navigate to the “Pointer Settings” tab in the tab present in the top bar.
- “Tick or Untick” the option labeled “Enhance Pointer Precision” to enable or disable the Mouse Acceleration feature on your Windows 11 device.
Thank you for visiting our website and reading this article. Just follow the steps given in the article above to disable the Mouse Acceleration feature on your Windows 11 devices.
Make sure to apply all the steps carefully. The mouse acceleration feature can come in handy if you get used to it. Anyhow, we hope you have found what you were looking for.
For more Smart Devices guide you can visit here.
Like This Post? Checkout More