Roku is one of the widely used streaming devices in the market right now. The easy to set up device offers a large variety of content to be streamed on its platform. You can stream content on Roku from Netflix, Spotify, Prime Video, Roku TV, and Youtube.
Youtube is right now the most famous video streaming app in the world and Roku also offers youtube on its platform, however, there are instances when one can have issues playing Youtube on Roku.
So in this post, we are going to share troubleshooting methods if YouTube is not working on your Roku.
Problems Which Are We Going To Address In This Post
- The YouTube app won’t launch on Roku.
- Unable to log in to YouTube on Roku.
- Unable to play any video on YouTube.
How To Fix If YouTube Is Not Working On Roku?
Solution 1. Check If Roku Device Is Connected To Internet
The first thing which you need to make sure of is that your Roku device is connected to the internet. Just try to run other apps on your Roku device and see if they are working fine or not.
If you find that other apps are also not working then first check if your Roku device is connected to the internet.
If your Roku is connected to the internet but you still get the issue then we will suggest you to check if your internet is down.
To find out if your internet is down or not, simply connect your phone with the WIfi and check if the WIFI is working on your phone.
Solutions 2. Check If Your Internet Connection is Slow
Streaming Youtube Content on Roku requires a good internet connection. If in case your internet is slow then Roku will find it hard to stream content and will show errors.
- Unplug the router from the power outlet.
- Wait for around 60 seconds.
- Plug the router power cord to the power outlet.
- Now connect your phone or laptop with your WIFI.
- Run an internet speed test and see if your internet speed is good.
Solution 3: Check Your Router Distance To Roku Device
If your router is too far from the Roku then it can face little difficulty making the proper uninterrupted connection.
So if your router distance from Roku is too far then we will suggest you to bring it closer to the Roku and check if it fixes the issue.
Solution 4: Use A Lan Cable
It’s also possible that there are serious connectivity issues with your router. Just try to connect your other devices to the wifi. And if you find that the wifi is also not connecting to the other devices then your Router has wireless connectivity issues.
In that case, you can use Lan cable to connect your Roku to the WIFi.
Solution 5. Check If There Is Any Outages Reported for Youtube servers
It is also possible that the Youtube server is down and that’s why you are getting the issue. To find that try to access YouTube on your other devices.
If YouTube is also not working on the other devices then it’s the server-side issues from the YouTube.
In that case, you have to wait until the error is resolved from the Youtube end.
Solution 6. Restart Roku Device
If you tried all the above steps then it’s clear that the issue is not with your router. So now check if there is any problem with your Roku device.
The very first thing we will suggest is to restart your Roku. Restating will fix most of the common issues with Roku.
- Press Home Button on the Roku Remote.
- Select Settings from the options.
- Choose System.
- Choose System Restart.
- Click on Restart, and wait until Roku turns off.
- Once Roku is restarted, open Youtube on it to check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 7. Check Software Update For Roku
The issues can also be related to Roku Software, so we will suggest you to check if there is any pending software update for the Roku.
- Tap the Home Button of the remote.
- Choose “System”.
- Choose “System Updates” from the left sidebar.
- Tap Check Now so it can search for new updates.
- If you get any updates, click on Update now.
- Now, wait until the update completes and installed properly.
- Now try to open Youtube and check if it’s working fine.
Solution 8: Check Update For the YouTube app
We will also suggest you check the update for the YouTube app. To do that follow the steps given below.
- Go to your App Section.
- Select the YouTube app.
- Then tap the asterisk (*) button from the remote.
- Choose Check for updates, when a pop-up appears.
- If there is any pending update then please consider updating it.
- After that try again to access YouTube.
Solution 9. Reinstall Youtube
If you tried all the other things, but you still getting the issues then you can try one of the last few troubleshoots, which is Reinstalling Youtube on Roku.
- Just Uninstall the existing app of Youtube from Roku.
- Go to the App Store on Roku.
- Search for YouTube.
- Reinstall YouTube.
- Relaunch the newly installed app to check if it is streaming videos or not.
Solution 10. Factory Reset
Above we mentioned all the possible troubleshooting we could try to fix the “YouTube not working on Roku” issue.
Now the last option we have is to contact the Roku support team to report the issues and ask for help.
But before connecting the Roku support the one last thing which can try is to factory reset the Roku.
Performing a factory reset will reset your Roku settings to default.
Note: Before performing the Factory reset, backup your data, and account details, as it will remove all the data from the Roku device.
- Press the “Home Button” on your remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on System.
- Now go to Advanced System Settings.
- Now select and click on the Factory Reset Everything.
- Wait, until it completes the process.
- After resetting, log in to your account and launch Youtube on Roku to check if it’s working fine.
Solution 11: Contact Roku
If even the factory reset doesn’t fix the issues, then the last option you have is to contact the Roku support for one-to-one interaction for better help.
Their team of technicians can now help you better.
Like This Post? Checkout More