- Platform: Scotiabank
- Error code: ems006
- Error says: Sorry, we couldn’t complete your request. Please try again later
- Occurs: Error comes while transferring money to other bank accounts
- Effect of the error: Because of the error users are unable to transfer the funds
First of all, Scotiabank hasn’t shared any official information on the error code ems006 as to why this issue occurred and what action anybody should take to resolve this problem. But we have done our research and as per our research team this error comes when users try to transfer funds from their account but the transaction doesn’t process and they get this error.
Fixes For Scotiabank Error Code ems006
Fix 1: Are You Out Of Country?
During our research we have found that many users have this error when they are traveling abroad so if you are also out of the country then this might also be the reason for the error. So we will advise you to connect with the Scotiabank support team to ask if, for some security reasons, they have put any temporary restriction on your account/card.
If you are out of the country and using a VPN then this may also be the reason for the error. So if you have enabled a VPN then try disabling it or try changing the server locations.
Fix 2: Common Workarounds
If you are not traveling abroad and just having this error out of nowhere then here are the few common workarounds that you can try to check if they help with the error or not, if not then you should contact the Scotiabank support team for further help.
- If you are using the Scotiabank mobile app then check and make sure that you are using the latest version of the app, if not then make sure to update the app and then check for the error again.
- Other than checking the update for the Scotiabank app we will also suggest you to restart your phone and then try using the Scotiabank app again.
- Next, you can try switching between Scotiabank mobile banking app and online banking, this may help if the error is specifically coming to any of their platforms.
- If the error continues then try visiting Scotiabank’s Twitter account and Downdetector to check if there is ongoing server outage/maintenance.
- If there is no indication or announcement about any server issues or maintenance then at this point you should get in touch with the Scotiabank support team to report this problem.
Related Error Codes